Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If I wanted to spend $50 to tweek my Glock trigger

vnboileau

You could try different connectors and polishing. It helps. Most people, however,  shoot lighter triggers better. That is what you should try first. To lighten the trigger substantially you need a lighter striker spring. To make it reliable on all types of primers, you need a skeletonized striker. They cost a little more though.

I polished everything in my 17, and squared the rear of the cruciform with a stone (mine was not and the "cut" resembled a mountain range), slightly changed the ramp/radius of the trigger bar.

Installed a Ghost 3.3 did the Spaulding cut, lighter striker block spring, stronger trigger spring, not sure the pull weight, but it's much lighter than stock, no wall, very short reset.

It is even lighter with a 4lb striker spring, but won't reset the trigger safety reliably, and will choke if I get lazy seating on the press, so I keep the factory in, will someday remember to add a 4.5 and/or 5.0 to an order.

I have another 17 just polished with a Zev connector and stronger trigger spring and lighter block spring, it's lighter than stock, otherwise feels nearly the same, not nearly as good as the above.

FWIW there was a massive difference in the pull of my two theoretically identical G17.3s out of the box, what worked for one may not have worked out the same in the other.

Carry gun = Ghost connector with over travel tab, that's all you need for a nice trigger that's super reliable.

Range/ Competition  gun = EVO style Ghost connector and the spring kit, play with different springs on the striker and trigger spring until you get the feel you want for a game/fun gun

I used the 3.2 newest Ghost connector, 4.5 wolfe striker spring and the factory trigger spring. that gave a 2lbs 6oz trigger break at the tip of the trigger with the "feel" I wanted.

Very smooth to shoot and is reliable with all my hand loads with any USA made primer.  Doesn't like Wolf and Tula primers so I use any of the American made ones and it works great.

Edited by jcc7x7

On 12/30/2016 at 8:40 PM, steven785 said:

Taran Tactical makes a good connector and spring kit. The way of the gun package works well for its cheap price point. Also, if gen 4 gun you can use a gen 3 trigger bar. 

The Taran GM kit is a good option. $45 I believe.

Polish everything that touches metal.  You tube has all that info.  Glock minus connector, 4.5 lb. striker spring, competition plunger spring.  This should get you in the 3 lb. range, and be smooth with a crisp break, for about 30.00.

I have owned both a Ghost connector and $0.25 trigger job (look it up) as well as a Fulcrum by ZEV ($200). Although the ZEV was consistently nice and much easier to do, just drop in, it didn't provide what I saw was $200 worth of extras. I do agree with those that say it's best to work on your gun yourself to learn the function, which the .25c job would definitely do.

If this is a carry gun, MY opinion is just a polish. 

On my competition 34 I use a Vanek over and pretravel ejector housing and a Ghost Tactical 5.0 connector.  It is not light.  But it is very crisp for a Glock trigger and very consistent.

Zev has a connector and spring kit for $20 to $25. If you have a stock trigger, this is a good place to start. I use one of these in competition, but would be hesitant to put it on a carry gun. Note that any reduced power striker springs may give you light strikes with some primers. Many folks say Russian ammo primers are among the hardest. There are also batches of 9MM SMG ammo with hard primers.

• 2 weeks later...

92ac977abc9e5c54d785dcb6b9292654.jpg

After much debate, for 40 bucks I ordered the TTI GM kit. I'm very impressed with the difference the connector and springs made. Not necessarily sure if it's a combination of trigger spring and connector or the connector itself. I say for 40 bucks why not?! Took my 5.5lb g34 down to 4-4.5 and it's very clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal DB! I really liked the same parts (different manufacturer though) in my Glocks, made the guns much easier to shoot. You may find that trying a few different connectors will change how the trigger breaks & resets.

Guys, find a Glock gunsmith... a real one, like, one with a degree in mechanical engineering who truly understands the complexity of a machine... you can't just watch a YouTube video and do what that kind of person does... take DK for example... he understands the mechanics... you can't just dremel a trigger to be that great.

Guys, find a Glock gunsmith... a real one, like, one with a degree in mechanical engineering who truly understands the complexity of a machine... you can't just watch a YouTube video and do what that kind of person does... take DK for example... he understands the mechanics... you can't just dremel a trigger to be that great.

In my defense I build motors and have a degree in design and engineering so I have a pretty good grasp on mechanics! And the 6 years of CNC never hurt ;)