Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If I wanted to spend $50 to tweek my Glock trigger

vnboileau

6 hours ago, DreGarciaTAT2 said:

Guys, find a Glock gunsmith... a real one, like, one with a degree in mechanical engineering who truly understands the complexity of a machine... you can't just watch a YouTube video and do what that kind of person does... take DK for example... he understands the mechanics... you can't just dremel a trigger to be that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For $50? Come on man!

On 1/19/2017 at 1:32 AM, DreGarciaTAT2 said:

Guys, find a Glock gunsmith... a real one, like, one with a degree in mechanical engineering who truly understands the complexity of a machine... you can't just watch a YouTube video and do what that kind of person does... take DK for example... he understands the mechanics... you can't just dremel a trigger to be that great.

I'm not suggesting that I'm going to end up with the same result as a $200 DK trigger after some springs and DIY polishing.  But I'm curious what I could get done without spending $200...

I'm not suggesting that I'm going to end up with the same result as a $200 DK trigger after some springs and DIY polishing.  But I'm curious what I could get done without spending $200...

I can tell you personally the improvement of a $40 kit and DIY polishing it's VERY noticeable over stock especially when you have a stock gun and worked gun side by side holy crap!!

I can tell you personally the improvement of a $40 kit and DIY polishing it's VERY noticeable over stock especially when you have a stock gun and worked gun side by side holy crap!!

True indeed!! I think the best thing to do is an OC Custom trigger, minus connector, and spring kit.
Money!

On 1/19/2017 at 1:32 AM, DreGarciaTAT2 said:

Just what I did, I have a new Gen 4 23 and a new 30S. There's a Master Glock Armorer about an hour away. I paid him a visit on Friday, he tore the entire trigger assembly and pretty much everything down to a pile of parts. After about 45 minutes with a dremel and some Flitz he was done and then on to the second one. Long story short, trigger pull is stock and they were both a hair over 5 lbs from Glock. The difference in the triggers is astounding.

I use a G19 and G34 gen4's in competition.  I did a polish, put in a minus connector (OEM), replaced the trigger bar with a gen 3, and added a reduced power safety plunger spring.  Pull went from 5.5 lbs to 4.2 lbs and feels good.  Under $40.