Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 smith that is accepting jobs?

kamikaze1a

Could anyone direct me to a gunsmith who would be accepting 2011's for some work?  Bought a used Tripp (open) and it needs a bit of tuneup work before I start to really get into it.  Checked with a couple that I have heard about but both not accepting new work.

Believe it or not there are great smiths out there that nobody has ever heard of. I have a great one near me that does everything from tune ups to full builds including pistols to precision rifle.

If you have no luck shoot me a pm and I'll put you in touch

Advance Weapons Technologies,  Don Fraley.  Don has been in the industry for over 27 years building world class weapons.  Very accurate and reliable.  Good turnaround time and great prices.  606-923-4565.  Tell Don,  Tommy Roupe told you to call.  You would not be disappointed.

Lots of Gun builders build Guns and they don't particularly like to fix up other builders guns, either because they're f-ed up, or abused, or old.. or all of the above. So when ? builders tell you they aren't accepting any work, it's because they have no interest in fixing guns. I'll bet you can get on their new ? list though.

I would try Atlas gun works.  They have built one of my guns and I have one on order which should be in soon.  There is also a bunch of guys at my club that have either had work done by him or had a gun built. Adam is great to deal with and does seriously excellent work.  Have yet to see someone disappointed.  Give him a call you wont regret it.