Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

production rig

DOODS

Cheapest is Shooter Connection at $40, which I'm using now. Works just fine, is more than stiff enough for 6 ghost pouches and a BOSS hanger/bladetech combo.

I like the older DAA Pro the most - inner is very flexible so it's actually like a normal belt when the outer is off, but outer more than makes up for it.

Before that I had an original CR Speed which worked just fine.

Whichever one you get, spend an extra $6 on the Arredondo slip-on keeper for it. It's worth the $$$ ten times over.

And slap sticky Velcro on the back of your holster and mag pouches too. 

36 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Cheapest is Shooter Connection at $40, which I'm using now. Works just fine, is more than stiff enough for 6 ghost pouches and a BOSS hanger/bladetech combo.

I like the older DAA Pro the most - inner is very flexible so it's actually like a normal belt when the outer is off, but outer more than makes up for it.

Whichever one you get, spend an extra $6 on the Arredondo slip-on keeper for it. It's worth the $$$ ten times over.

Thanks

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

This +1^infinity. :)

21 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

And if you can afford it, go with a BOSS hanger from Ben Stoeger's shop off the bat. If not, get the base tech holster and change hangers later.

The steel BOSS hanger makes a world of difference in feel over the plastic ones. More than I'd have believed.

Agree on the DOH hanger.  I don't run a BOSS but another aluminum hanger.  Getting the gun dropped and away from your body makes a world of difference.  The 2" rule is there for a reason so might as well take advantage of it.

I like the DAA, but any one of the belts recommended will get the job done.  I used to run the Ghost pouches but they were a bit bulky so I now use RLN Custom adjustable sidewinder pouches.  They're kydex and don't dig into your side at all like the Ghost pouches can do.  That's more of a girth issue, though.

18 minutes ago, Aggie said:

I like the DAA, but any one of the belts recommended will get the job done.  I used to run the Ghost pouches but they were a bit bulky so I now use RLN Custom adjustable sidewinder pouches.  They're kydex and don't dig into your side at all like the Ghost pouches can do.  That's more of a girth issue, though.

Yeah, you totally have a girth issue. :)

I like the CR Speed stuff. It's what I first got and have stuck with. 

I have a Shooters Connection belt and it's too stiff! I have a more oval waist and the belt doesn't fit around it well!

Boss Hanger with the basic Bladetech holster is the way to go. Bladetech holsters are simple and just work.