Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's see some CZ Scorpion Builds

• 2 weeks later...
I have the gen one pistol, will cz sell me a barrel and hand gaurd to"carbine"mine? 

Yes, you can buy the carbine handguard right off CZ USA site.
Haven't looked for the barrel, so can't answer that at the moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

14441137_627130197467336_208139635885048

5.56 A2 flash hider drilled out to 3/8ths and threaded on in place of the faux silencer

Magpul vfg

HBI charging handle, polished the rod.

Cheap Japanese knock-off dot.

Yeti Wurks Everest grip covered in grip tape. Will stipple it instead soon.

Magazines with leading edge smoothed so always drop free no matter what.

Magwell hand sanded and beveled. Trigger guard sanded smooth at edges and rounded off.

RH safety delete.

Duckbill mag release.

HBI trigger. HBI springs.

My own sear, disco and hammer work plus my own polishing.

Piece of cord on lh side for sling loop mount.

(and my Accu Shadow)

Edited by rowdyb
  • 4 weeks later...

We have 3 each in my shooting family. All are the 8505 carbine models. You may get lucky and get one that DOESN'T have the "welded" trigger nut. We didn't The "nut" is a bear to remove, I did all 3 of ours and added the HB spring package (made for a much better trigger pull, as noted elsewhere here). You can view the "nut" removal video's that use a hardened drill bit BUT lot's of luck getting it to "center" on the weld.!.. I have a small HF mill and used it. ( Named "THE DESTROYER".). Pretty sure the metric allen  screw is ALSO Loctited as it was a bitch to remove EVEN after milling the weld down. (IF you decide to do this, MAKE SURE the metric allen wrench fits tightly in the screw head even IF you have to grind the end of the allen wrench  for a tight fit, as it's WAY tight ). The HB right side AK 47 style safety lever is a very good investment. Personally, I've had 3 each 9mm AR style carbines and the Scorpions are hands down WAY more reliable!!  Most of the AR 15 9mm troubles I see when shooting in competition are related to the double feed, metal magazine guns. Not all run 100%, The AR's 9mm's that use Glock  mags ( I've got one )  have lot's less trouble and generally run really well, plus they can hold 34 rounds compared to our 30.  Looks like CZ has the magazine situation figured out even though they are double feed....There is someone working on a + 10 mag extension and spring, that would be great as I am busy pulling the trigger and having too much fun to be bothered with a mag change?......We have not a had a jam with about 1000 to 1200 rounds thru each one of them. (115 RN @ about 140 PF). (This is the same load used in my 2011 steel load, so that makes reloading a bit less time consuming by using the same load for several guns). We did have 1 that the barrel nut came loose on and needed to be snugged up a bit. (Was done pretty crudely, as we did not have the proper tool. (I'm making one) OR you can buy the needed tool on line)

30926220412_5ecd3772eb_b.jpg

Planning to run this at next month's match!

It's all stock except for the Yeti Switchback grip, HBi springs (and polished trigger assembly) and the Bushnell TRS-25.

I'm debating taking the faux suppressor off and mounting a brake/comp but not sure that's worth the trouble and expense. Has anyone done so and care to share their experience?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, lvipscshooter said:

For all the Scorpion shooters out there, we NEED someone to make us some +10 basepads so we can run 40+1 like everyone else!!

CZ custom is producing them,Angus messaged me and said they are waiting on springs

looks like a lot of different colors available also

i had my first mag feeding issues. both in a stock 30rnd and same with the yeti wurks extension. i hope it was just my ammo. will be shooting it again soon to see... i also put the stock grip back on, which surprised me.

kinda leaning towards a jp gmr 13 if i get real serious.

Edited by rowdyb
47 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

i had my first mag feeding issues. both in a stock 30rnd and same with the yeti wurks extension. i hope it was just my ammo. will be shooting it again soon to see... i also put the stock grip back on, which surprised me.

kinda leaning towards a jp gmr 13 if i get real serious.

Can you please describe what happened? With the stock 30rd mag, was it full with 30 rounds?

Oh man, it was on the clock while shooting a stage so not a whole lot of time assessing, just fixing. One time with stock 30rnd mag full of 30 rnds. Another time with 30rnd mag with the +3 extensions from yeti. Shooting my uspsa Production loads out of it.

Beep, bang bang bang, nothing. Look and gun isn't in battery. Yank charging handle. No bang. Reseat mag, yank charging handle. No bang. Look and see two pieces of brass in chamber. (cant remember if both complete rounds or one a casing and one a whole round) Remove mag, rounds fall out of mag well. Reinsert mag, slap charging handle.

Bang Bang Bang, repeat the above. Times three different times. Same deal with the stock 30's.

So, did I do something in that batch of ammo to cause it? Did I put my mags together wrong? Was my gun not lubed enough? Only thing I notice is that when I go to empty a magazine after a match the rim of the case hangs up on the front of the magazine as it slides off the follower. On all my mags. So again, ammo? (but yet this crimp and ammo is enough to work in my CZ pistol with no errors....)

Oh wow. That's no bueno. My first match will be this Saturday. 

I just emptied a few mags and did not notice any catching or hanging. Weird. My experience has been the opposite. My Scorpion chows through the ammo that my SP-01 has issues with. 

1 hour ago, Lubecktech said:

I plan on getting a Scorpion Carbine before the end of the year. It is REMOTELY possible I may, in the future wish to add a suppressor. If I get the one with the faux suppressor could I add a real suppressor without rebarreling it??

Well, the barrel is 16". The faux can is just a 9" hollow sleeve that threads on at the end of the barrel and extends backwards, shrouding the barrel, and giving the appearance of a short barrel.