Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's see some CZ Scorpion Builds

54 minutes ago, Lubecktech said:

Does it serve any useful purpose or is it just cosmetic??

It just "looks cool" :unsure:

I wanted the version with the brake, but my LGS only had this version. 

If you wanted to mount a real suppressor in the future, I still think the carbine version is the way to go. Just get the barrel cut/rethreaded or buy a new short one from CZ-USA or CZ Customs.

16 hours ago, rowdyb said:

can you put them on the 20's and get a total of 40?

I would think so, but it is  my understanding Angus and crew designed them and the spring to work with the 30 round tubes. I woild think the spring length would keep you from getting 40 using the 20 round tube without removing coils?. I saw a post somewhere where Angus tried one on a 10rd tube. The mag would not clear the release although it did seem to fit on a bullet button equipped model

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for a Scorpion myself so my son can shoot PCC. Is there any advantage to getting a comp or is the factory muzzle brake good enough? My current plan is a Primary Arms dot, Apex grip and ambi safety. Has anyone used the CZ custom trigger they offer? 

Mine is coming!!!!!!

With luck I can shoot it new years weekend.

I went with the faux suppressor because I don't think on a 9mm the muzzle break will improve the recoil or muzzle rise and will mostly make it louder. The faux suppressor should add a little weight at the muzzle which I prefer and I like the looks. I think it is possible it could improve the barrel harmonics.but probably not.

I have a HB Industries trigger and springs and a Bushnell TRS-25 on the way as well. The optic is described as a "Zoom Dot" ( by ecop supply) and the dot size is supposed to be variable between 2MOA and 10MOA. I have a TRS-25 on AR and like it but have never seen one with a variable dot size - has anyone else???

Most folks know that the faux suppressor is just a sleeve/shroud. But I didn't know how thin and super-light it is until I took mine off. I was curious to see what was under there and took mine off (it was on really tight and I needed a strap wrench). I was pretty surprised. It's very thin gauge metal and almost the weight of an empty soda can. I'll bet the brake is way heavier. 

Edited by SergioSF