Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01 trigger pull

tanks

My guns from Automatic Accuracy are 6# DA and 2# SA. I don't think chasing the lowest numbers tell the whole story though.

Reach, pre travel, smoothness, break, over travel, reset and so on. The whole thing. And with it getting harder for find Fed SPP do you really want to chase the lightest trigger pull possible?

More than one person has asked after dry firing my gun, "Wow, how did you get it like this without super light springs?" And my answer is normally some variation of, "I have a good gunsmith do the work and a lot of what you're feeling is good work on a disconnector."

I've got 2 SP-01s that I did the work on using Cajun Gun Works parts and recently got a shadow from Automatic Accuracy.

My previous match gun and the Automatic Accuracy shadow triggers are virtually indistinguishable from each other. The shadow's reset is a touch shorter but that's it. The SP-01s are 5.5 DA, 2.25 SA and set off CCI primers 100%.

My SP-01s are some of the better ones I've felt.

Edited by bthoefer

they kinda range depending on the springs you put into the gun. Figure anywhere between 6-9lbs DA and 2-3.5 SA.

I have 2 guns from czc, both right at 5.25 da and 1.7 sa. I've got an 85 and a compact that I did myself (cgw parts except I think I used the pre-b disco from cz custom, guidance per the wonderful tuning thread on this website), for some reason s.a. is slightly more (about 2) but d.a. is the same or slightly better.

Disclaimer - 8.5# hammer springs so federal primers only, and my trigger gauge is nothing fancy.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I am around the 5.5lb DA and 2.25 SA. I did all the work myself and I have 20,000 + rounds through mine. Was very easy to do. The biggest things are polishing bearing surfaces and lots of dry fire.

I cut my Stock hammer hooks down in my mill and with a 13lb hammerspring I am getting 3lbs in single and 7.75 in double. I cut .031" off of the full and half cock so I now have .015" tall hooks on both. I also installed a Tanfo Xtreme dual wing disconnector I had lying around and it works almost identical to the CZ version.

That is interesting didn't know the Tanfo parts would be interchangeable. Good to know.

There is a difference in neck width/thickness between the CZ and tanfo disconnector which will possible effect your DA. Use caution when trying it.
Already put it in and ran a whole bunch of rounds through it with no issues.

DA stroke launches the pencil almost as high as the single action.

It also has a very nice positive reset, with a nice audible click.

Edited by MrPostman

Pic in single action. It has CGW floating trigger pin, ultra lite XL firing pin set, CGW light trigger return spring, CZ custom sights, Tanfo xtreme disconnector, CZ custom extended mag release, factory trigger that I drilled and threaded for a reach reduction in Double Action.

f8bcebf279ffd9e24fb884e9b44b9ad3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Edited by MrPostman

• 3 years later...
On 7/14/2016 at 12:24 PM, rowdyb said:

My guns from Automatic Accuracy are 6# DA and 2# SA. I don't think chasing the lowest numbers tell the whole story though.

Reach, pre travel, smoothness, break, over travel, reset and so on. The whole thing. And with it getting harder for find Fed SPP do you really want to chase the lightest trigger pull possible?

Rowdyb, I love you tag line on Competition and have been following your posts.  I am resurrecting this one as it is relevant to my search and questions.

I am a total newb, just to throw that out there, so if I say idiotic stuff plz bear with me.  I am however a total gearhead and have been wrenching and building hot rods for most of my life which is longer than it is shorter these days so I am somewhat mechanically inclined.

I did my first 2 gun match in March and have become very interested in the sport.  I just bought a new CZ75 SP-01 man safety to replace my Glock 17 which I have had issues with.  The gearhead in me wants to tear it apart and upgrade everything and I havent even had it to the range! lol.  My new CZ75 SP-01 has a remarkably light trigger pull especially for a gun that has never been fired!!.  Around 7.5-8# DA and 2.5-3# SA.  This is without a single shot being fired from this gun other than me dry firing it which I may have done 100 times or so.  I decided to buy a Lyman Trigger pull gauge to get a base line on it.  Unless the gauge is wrong or in accurate I am getting some pretty light pull wt from what I am reading on the net.

Despite the light trigger pull wt I am also finding this is not what I dont like about the trigger, length of pull (creep?) and length the rest are excessive.

The lightest/easiest pull "comp" trigger I own is in my AR15 it is a CMC curve and has next to no creep and a very short reset. Pull wt is 2-2.5#.

You are right the other factors that make a nice trigger are what you listed in your post difference is the amount of travel that trigger has to make and the feel of the trigger at least to me makes a world of difference.  My AR is so smooth and the distance the trigger travels is so short if feels SOO much "lighter" then the other triggers which are not that much heavier.   It is forever and a day on my SP-01 to pull the trigger in DA and the rest in SA is pretty long.  On my Glocik which is measuring less than 3.5# it is just a clunkly mess. 

Reading about all the mods you can to do to a CZ75 is dizzying.  Do you have any suggestions on what to do for a new shooter with a new stock SP-01?  I am not looking to make this gun into a high level comp pistol.  It seems to me if I could shorten the trigger pull/creep some and the rest and put better sights on it I would be good to go?

On 6/25/2020 at 5:20 PM, ML123 said:

It seems to me if I could shorten the trigger pull/creep some and the rest and put better sights on it I would be good to go?

Kits/parts from CZ Custom or Cajun can do this, BUT remember there will always be some "creep" due to the firing pin block on the SP-01.  If you look at the Cajun web sight they have various kits to do a little or a lot to the trigger.

17 hours ago, Tunachaser said:

Kits/parts from CZ Custom or Cajun can do this, BUT remember there will always be some "creep" due to the firing pin block on the SP-01.  If you look at the Cajun web sight they have various kits to do a little or a lot to the trigger.

Thanks, I have small hands and ended up finding a Shadow 2 to get my hands on and bought a new one, lol.  It just fits my hand that much better than the SP-01 ever will.  I am able to really grip the gun and the trigger location is perfect.  On the S2 I don't have to break grip to hit the mag release which even with the S2 mag release in the SP-01 I think I would still have trouble getting my short thumb around to hit it.  The S2 is the best double stack gun I have ever had in my hands even better than the Walthers which always seem to fit well for me.

I also looked at by the time I added Dawson sights, CGW pro kit with trigger and shorten reset etc, S2 mag release and extended safety, I was going to have the same amount of money into the SP-01 as a new S2 but still not have the ergonomics of the S2 frame, the longer slide or the lack of a FPB.  So it just made sense even though as a new shooter I wasn't looking to get into a full blown competition gun and wanted to stay under $1k on the budget.  For the price of a S2 what you get seems like a real bargain IMO, at least that is what I am trying to convince my wife of along with the reason why I now need to have two CZ's lol!

I still have the SP-01 and haven't even fired it yet.  I may just keep it to tinker with which I do enjoy doing.  I have spent a ton of time reading through your posts kneelingatlas thank you for all the valuable info you have shared.

10 hours ago, ML123 said:

For the price of a S2 what you get seems like a real bargain IMO, at least that is what I am trying to convince my wife of along with the reason why I now need to have two CZ's lol!

Buy two but never let her see them both at the same time, (remember what she doesn't know won't hurt you).  Works for me