Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbon Arms Belt Ratchet Kit

I just drilled through the velcro to get my ELS screws in. Thought it would be an initial setup shortcut,  afraid I'd want to move things around and lose too much material but it worked perfectly. Bit was nice and goopy but used an old one and it cleaned up easily enough.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyway, https://www.ratchetingbuckles.com/ratchet-buckles-ladder-straps/1-ratcheting-buckle-attached-to-extension-tab-rb1t-n-blacktanwhite-2-2-2/ offers some options, just ordered one with the metal buckle to modify my existing belt. 

Would have ordered the Carbon Arms but it's been out of stock for months. 

Edited by Frankly

It's a ratchet & ladder from a Snowboard binding, that's it. Just go find one and install it yourself. I bet you can find one for cheap or free at any ski/snowboard shop. If not, buy some bindings from CL ($5-$20) and send the extra 3 ratchet/ladders to your buddies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Folks either don’t wear the inner belt, or only use the ratchet to tighten the last little bit once getting it on over the inner Velcro. I’m in the second camp, because I feel like the inner belt gives some added stability. 

15 hours ago, o27 said:

How does the ratchet work when the other belt is fully lined with velcro as all normal belts are? Doesn’t this restrict or prohibit the ratching?

I start the tab into the ratchet then wrap the belt around me starting at the holster, since it is the most important thing on the belt. When the holster is perfect, I start tightening the ratchet, and yes over the inner Velco belt.

17 hours ago, o27 said:

How does the ratchet work when the other belt is fully lined with velcro as all normal belts are? Doesn’t this restrict or prohibit the ratching?

The trick is to get your inner belt fairly tight so that when you ratchet down the outer belt it doesn't cause the inner belt to bunch up too much. You do still need the inner belt if you want maximum stability. Which you do.