Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
gerritm

Carbon Arms Belt Ratchet Kit

I just drilled through the velcro to get my ELS screws in. Thought it would be an initial setup shortcut,  afraid I'd want to move things around and lose too much material but it worked perfectly. Bit was nice and goopy but used an old one and it cleaned up easily enough.

Just now, Gunz720 said:

Greatest thing ever added to my belt 

Getting close to 50 post, what you trying to sell?

2 minutes ago, RJH said:

Getting close to 50 post, what you trying to sell?

I was just thinking the same thing?

Edited by Rader1812

11 minutes ago, Gunz720 said:

What do you want or need lol 

People to not bring up 50 necro post so they can sell something....

Anyway, https://www.ratchetingbuckles.com/ratchet-buckles-ladder-straps/1-ratcheting-buckle-attached-to-extension-tab-rb1t-n-blacktanwhite-2-2-2/ offers some options, just ordered one with the metal buckle to modify my existing belt. 

Would have ordered the Carbon Arms but it's been out of stock for months. 

Edited by Frankly

It's a ratchet & ladder from a Snowboard binding, that's it. Just go find one and install it yourself. I bet you can find one for cheap or free at any ski/snowboard shop. If not, buy some bindings from CL ($5-$20) and send the extra 3 ratchet/ladders to your buddies.

I need to order one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guillotine! 

I have an old super heavy duty paper trimmer so I used it.  Worked great, but when I needed to trim the outer belt a little bit more, I just used a pair of sheet metal shears.

Then use a heat source like a propane torch to melt the end so it doesn't fray.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

How does the ratchet work when the other belt is fully lined with velcro as all normal belts are? Doesn’t this restrict or prohibit the ratching?

Folks either don’t wear the inner belt, or only use the ratchet to tighten the last little bit once getting it on over the inner Velcro. I’m in the second camp, because I feel like the inner belt gives some added stability. 

15 hours ago, o27 said:

How does the ratchet work when the other belt is fully lined with velcro as all normal belts are? Doesn’t this restrict or prohibit the ratching?

I start the tab into the ratchet then wrap the belt around me starting at the holster, since it is the most important thing on the belt. When the holster is perfect, I start tightening the ratchet, and yes over the inner Velco belt.

17 hours ago, o27 said:

The trick is to get your inner belt fairly tight so that when you ratchet down the outer belt it doesn't cause the inner belt to bunch up too much. You do still need the inner belt if you want maximum stability. Which you do. 

Would a CR Speed belt work better with the ratchet system if you took off the Velcro on the outer belt just in the front where it overlaps?

Anybody done this?

7 hours ago, Brasspicker said:

Would a CR Speed belt work better with the ratchet system if you took off the Velcro on the outer belt just in the front where it overlaps?

Anybody done this?

I have my ratchet on a Safariland belt, just trimmed till it has an inch gap wrapped around me.