Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tube Extensions.. What size?

I'm not familiar with the factory round count for an M2, but I would go with the tube that would give you 12 round capacity in the tube, +1 in the chamber. Its always nice to be able to throw a quick Quad at the buzzer if you need to.

I'm not familiar with the factory round count for an M2, but I would go with the tube that would give you 12 round capacity in the tube, +1 in the chamber. Its always nice to be able to throw a quick Quad at the buzzer if you need to.

Exactly this. If there is the possibility for movement from the time you pickup your gun to the time you take your first shot, it is really nice to be able to throw in a quad. It also removes limitations on when you can load 4 or load 8 as you move through a stage, and eliminates some of the barriers on stage planning. I have shot a few stages where match directors put in some cramped walls and shooting ports that make a longer shotgun a little tricky to navigate, but I have also shot some big shotgun woods walk stages where you might shoot 30+ shells and freedom to load is nice.

If I were you I would stick with the 28 inch barrel though. Weight difference will be negligible, and a 28 will be closer to flush with a 12 round tube. Not much gain for the cost of a new Benelli barrel.

Edited by Vespid_Wasp

You got a heck of a deal! I just purchased my 26" gun for $1100 and was happy. My plan is to purchase a plus 7 tube, and purchase the shooters source +2 end cap. I am only loading two at the moment but will be practicing quads when my gun comes back from Accurate Iron. Mike also suggested that route, but didn't specify as to why but I trust his opinion whole heartedly!

So +9 it is. Thanks for the input. I was thinking 24 or 26 initially because that was the suggestions I got. I just happened to find a new M2 with a 28" barrel for 800, so I grabbed it.

Just be careful if you happen to live in one of the restricted states :(

12 round tube and you can throw a quad load in after the beep. That seems to be what most people run. More capacity = more stage plan flexibility. I find that 14 is not really much more difficult to handle than 12, so I run a 14 round tube.

So +9 it is. Thanks for the input. I was thinking 24 or 26 initially because that was the suggestions I got. I just happened to find a new M2 with a 28" barrel for 800, so I grabbed it.

I live in Georgia these days. I moved from CA about 2 years ago.

The advantage to a 26" gun is a tiny bit less weight, and shorter guns point quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why my friends were suggesting 24 or 26 as ideal lengths. I guess I'll run the 28 until I see a noticeable disadvantage. Who knows? I may like the 28.

I'm having Steve at RAS build me a shotgun with some options. The mag tube will hold 10 total as I really don't want that much tube forward of the 24" barrel. If needed I could screw on a plus 2 to add 4 rounds. He is also having a plug made to limit the 10 round tube to a MAX of 8 rounds,

Seeing I'm not sure what the correct answer to this is riddle is I figure options are always the best.

At least a 12 round tube and possibly a 13/14 if it's not to unwieldy. I used to run a 12 but went to a 14 as match directors figured out everyone was going to 12 so they put 13 or 14 round arrays in the stage. With a max of 15 in the gun I can knock out most array's without a standing reload. My 24" Beretta with a 14 round tube is about perfect. Just take off the +2 cap when I need to get a little more compact.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 24" 9+1 JM Pro. 5 in the tube with a +4 Nordic Extension. I could buy a plus 3 or 5 from Nordic, but its cheaper to buy a one piece extension onto the oem tube. I was kicking around replacing it with a Nordic +7 or +9. What are your thoughts?

Tac ops or open. I've only competed in a few three gun competitions so far and I went open. I heard the JM can have feed issues past 12 total rounds in the tube? But mine is a new one. The tube would obviously be extended past the barrel on either set up. I wonder what the swing/comfort/speed/safety of that extra extension would be like too?

And now for a Teaspoon of sand thrown at the ocean.....you just don't need a fence pole length tube. I know of at least 3 real good 3-gunners that are always in the top ten who run 8-9 round tubes. I have never used over a 9 round tube, and I still seem to do OK, and i still do real weakhand loading.

And now for a Teaspoon of sand thrown at the ocean.....you just don't need a fence pole length tube. I know of at least 3 real good 3-gunners that are always in the top ten who run 8-9 round tubes. I have never used over a 9 round tube, and I still seem to do OK, and i still do real weakhand loading.

Yeah, but I don't want to practice as much as the guy that put 300k rounds through a shotgun ?

• 2 weeks later...

There's no restriction on tube magazine capacities in CA. Just putting it out there.

There's no restriction on tube magazine capacities in CA. Just putting it out there.

Yet another spot where CA has it better than NJ in terms of gun laws. Amazing.

Yet another spot where CA has it better than NJ in terms of gun laws. Amazing.

Not too sure about that. The way I read PC 16740, the only tubular magazines that are exempt from the 10 round maximum are tubular magazines affixed to 22 caliber and lever action rifles. I could be wrong :unsure: