Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tube Extensions.. What size?

So +9 it is. Thanks for the input. I was thinking 24 or 26 initially because that was the suggestions I got. I just happened to find a new M2 with a 28" barrel for 800, so I grabbed it.

Just be careful if you happen to live in one of the restricted states :(

I live in Georgia these days. I moved from CA about 2 years ago.

There's no restriction on tube magazine capacities in CA. Just putting it out there.

Yet another spot where CA has it better than NJ in terms of gun laws. Amazing.

Not too sure about that. The way I read PC 16740, the only tubular magazines that are exempt from the 10 round maximum are tubular magazines affixed to 22 caliber and lever action rifles. I could be wrong :unsure:

I think the NRA has interpreted it that way, also. 10 round magazines are 10 round magazines.

And now for a Teaspoon of sand thrown at the ocean.....you just don't need a fence pole length tube. I know of at least 3 real good 3-gunners that are always in the top ten who run 8-9 round tubes. I have never used over a 9 round tube, and I still seem to do OK, and i still do real weakhand loading.

I get that our shotguns are pretty ridiculous with the tubes extending waaaay past the barrel. But it is so much fun for this game! I am in the minority that runs a 14 round tube instead of 12. I feel like the long gun rarely holds me back, but the capacity regularly gives me an advantage.

• 3 weeks later...

I run a plus 5, so 9 rounds in the mag at the start table. I cut a one round dowel plug if I were to shoot Factory. I have a two round extension for the bigger shoots, so you can load four at the buzzer, It helps. Generally I like the tube the same length as the barrel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So +9 it is. Thanks for the input. I was thinking 24 or 26 initially because that was the suggestions I got. I just happened to find a new M2 with a 28" barrel for 800, so I grabbed it.

Just be careful if you happen to live in one of the restricted states :(

I live in Georgia these days. I moved from CA about 2 years ago.

There's no restriction on tube magazine capacities in CA. Just putting it out there.

Yet another spot where CA has it better than NJ in terms of gun laws. Amazing.

Not too sure about that. The way I read PC 16740, the only tubular magazines that are exempt from the 10 round maximum are tubular magazines affixed to 22 caliber and lever action rifles. I could be wrong :unsure:

At this present time it's not illegal to "possess" a hi cap magazine in Ca. Come July 1, 2017 things get real dicey, real unpleasant.

Edited by SF1911