Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LCP?

Sarge

If it's not the new custom model, DON'T get it. The trigger is a nightmare. The sights are ridiculous. The new custom has a much better trigger and sights. I have both. If it wasn't against the law, I'd throw the old one in the trash. Don't count on that gun to save your life. Ruger should be ashamed that they put that older model on the market in the first place.

I have one of the older versions. It's not a custom carry pistol, but I wouldn't consider it junk. I've never had any problems with it. I do feel a little under gunned when carrying it. It's no different than any other pocket carry pistol, it's better than nothing.

I have one of the older versions. It's not a custom carry pistol, but I wouldn't consider it junk. I've never had any problems with it. I do feel a little under gunned when carrying it. It's no different than any other pocket carry pistol, it's better than nothing.

You probably don't feel nearly as under gunned as you would being unarmed.

Any gun is a quantum leap over no gun at all.

Better than a 1911 in the safe. I carry one quite often, as there are times you cannot dress around your normal CC. I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up at that price. Stuff some good HP rounds it it, and carry on. :cheers:

I carry mine on and off duty. I love it. Don't expect a "pocket" gun to have an awesome trigger. I really like it as you can carry it in any attire, blue jeans, dress pants, shorts, whatever. I have never had a malfunction and have around 1000 rounds through mine. The mag extension is a must though.

I carry one quite often. Yes, the trigger isn't the best and the sights are not good for much but with the ammo I have chosen it is head shots all day one handed at 7-10 yards. Wish I had gotten mine for that price.

YMMV

Richard

I carry one quite often. Yes, the trigger isn't the best and the sights are not good for much but with the ammo I have chosen it is head shots all day one handed at 7-10 yards. Wish I had gotten mine for that price.

YMMV

Richard

Kind of what I'm thinking. If used at the range it's designed for it should be fine.

I love mine. For what it is it's very useful and easy to carry. I personally don't think the trigger is that bad. I can easily double tap targets at 10 yards and nail head shots. I've even shot it out to 25 yards with no problems hitting the A zone. Yes the sights are weird but once you get used to them it just like shooting any other gun. Best thing about the first gen is with it not having raised sights they wont get caught on anything in your pocked. I would recommend getting the Hogue sleeve that pins onto the frame itself.

another plus about the lcp is if your looking for something for you spouse to carry in their actual waistband then its a good choice. its the only gun my wife will carry on her persons since she can conceal it. We both use a sticky holster

another plus about the lcp is if your looking for something for you spouse to carry in their actual waistband then its a good choice. its the only gun my wife will carry on her persons since she can conceal it. We both use a sticky holster

She carries an LCR either in a purse or on her body depending on situation

If it's not the new custom model, DON'T get it. The trigger is a nightmare. The sights are ridiculous. The new custom has a much better trigger and sights. I have both. If it wasn't against the law, I'd throw the old one in the trash. Don't count on that gun to save your life. Ruger should be ashamed that they put that older model on the market in the first place.

Apparently people didn't get the memo. I think the store got 100 of them. They opened at 9am and they were gone when I got there at 9:04.