Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking for a new 2011

wishfulshooter

I am currently in the market for a new 2011. My gun budget is right around $3500. I have been looking at the DVC and the CK. I guess I am more looking for some advice from people who might have shot the CK. With all the different builders that are currently out there are there others that are standing out above the rest not including SV that would fit in my budget. I am currently shooting a used SV which I am the second owner but she is almost 13years old so its time to give her a break and let her sit back and watch.

I am not currently sold on the DVC as they are behind on orders and afraid that QA might become an issues as I currently know a few guys that are having issues with there stock DVC's. I also feel the the DVC is going to become the new Edge.

STI seems to be a mess right now. I have been waiting since July for a warranty replacement slide. Every time I call they have some other excuse why the slide isn't in my hands yet. Just my experience with STI right now. Your experience may vary.

I have a freedom gunworks built by Bobby with the steel grip. (Very similar to the thunder series only mine is a short dust cover). My gun started off rocky but now i love it. The issue that I had in the beginning was the magazines that i had were all out of spec and causing feeding issues. I got the magazines tuned and the gun has run flawlessly since that time for the last 2500 rounds. I would buy another one (now that i have tuned mags)

The DVC is a very nice gun, I own one and it runs just fine. That said, If I had 3500 rather than 2500 - The CK is an easy choice and they are in stock. I like the CK Thunder :

https://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?id=CKA-0122-40SW&n=CK-Arms-Thunder-Custom-Limited-Gun-40-S-W

Get that and 5 or 6 MBX mags and you're good to go. :D

I would not change anything on my SV! I love it. I am in need of a new gun since my SV is starting to get old and I got a smoking deal on my SV. $2300 with 5 old SV mags shipped. If I could find another deal like that I would jump all over it. My SV is going to be retired to my back up. Still a great shooter and smooth as ever. I currently dont have a backup gun and with traveling to bigger matches I am pushing my luck only going with one gun.

Ha, so my DVC showed up today with "9 Limited" on the box. Open it up and there's a 40 S&W inside! Guess someone's trying to tell me something... I had hoped to move to an STI for 3-gun as I shoot more and more, but it's back at the shop while they try to sort it out.

Are the CK's considered custom?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

They call them semi custom because they use the popular parts that are on their custom builds but you can't pic out part by part like one of their custom builds

I would take a look at an Atlas Gun Works build. They are doing some cool stuff. I think they're around 3200

I was checking out their guns at their booth at Nationals. If I was looking for a new 2011 they'd be my first call