Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most popular open class bullets

shooterclay

PD's to me are better than the MG's.

The PD's seal better in your barrel, .355 compared to PD .356

PD's are a very accurate bullet also.

I liked the Zero's best out of all 3.

But now I use the blue bullet. Very accurate, 1/2 the cost literally. I'm tired of paying for JHP's for punching paper.

I see no leading in my comp, and from videos, they are not smokey.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero .356 125gr bullets shoot 1.5" at 50 yards with multiple powders, regardless of batch. Pd 115 or 124jhp shoot between 2" and 6" at 50 yards depending on powder and batch - the current 115jhp batch does 2" at 25 yards. So at the end, if you do 2" at 25 yards, it's good enough. But you get bragging rights when you do 1.5" at 50!

But now I use the blue bullet. Very accurate, 1/2 the cost literally. I'm tired of paying for JHP's for punching paper.

I just wish they weren't blue!

precision delta website says .355 for all of their 9mm bullets. What are they??

A blue issue I see ;)

I just got 9600 Blue bullets for $615.00

Good, but I do not see a factor of 2 saving, as you claimed. PD's are 8.9 cents ea, your cost was 6.4 cents. But the jacketed are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer to work with.

Edited by Foxbat

Not necessarily.

Precision Delta 124 jhps are $7 cheaper per 1000 if you buy 2000 or more.

MG are worth the extra $7.

Not to me. PD group much better i my guns. I would shoot the PD's even if the cost more than the MG and luckily they don't.

Not necessarily.

Precision Delta 124 jhps are $7 cheaper per 1000 if you buy 2000 or more.

MG are worth the extra $7.

Not to me. PD group much better i my guns. I would shoot the PD's even if the cost more than the MG and luckily they don't.

Actually, since then I have tested some PD and BBI in my open gun. The BBI so far are the most accurate for me. And it's amazing how fast they are!

Actually, since then I have tested some PD and BBI in my open gun. The BBI so far are the most accurate for me. And it's amazing how fast they are!

I have not tested the Blue Bullets, but the Black Bullets fly about 50fps faster than the PD. However, they stink (literally). But at least they don't stain your fingers.

I think the blue bullet has the best coating. Everyone else in the industry uses the same coating coming out of Australia? From what I'm told.

I believe Blue bullet is the only company to use there own coating from what I've heard.

Edited by bigboy69

I think the blue bullet has the best coating. Everyone else in the industry uses the same coating coming out of Australia? From what I'm told.

I believe Blue bullet is the only company to use there own coating from what I've heard.

They are wrapped in painters tape

The Aussie 'hitek' coating many companies use should not come off on your fingers and should not smell. With some powders it will smoke but with others no smoke.

If a particular caster uses that coating but it's staining fingers etc during handling and it smells funny when shooting then I'd suggest one of three things.

They are not applying/curing it properly.

It's not really the hitek coating and is powder coat or moly

They just had a particular batch contaminated in some way and they should replace what bullets you have left.

The hitek coated stuff does shoot a decent amount faster than cmj/fmj/jhp.

The Aussie 'hitek' coating many companies use should not come off on your fingers and should not smell. With some powders it will smoke but with others no smoke.

If a particular caster uses that coating but it's staining fingers etc during handling and it smells funny when shooting then I'd suggest one of three things.

They are not applying/curing it properly.

It's not really the hitek coating and is powder coat or moly

They just had a particular batch contaminated in some way and they should replace what bullets you have left.

The hitek coated stuff does shoot a decent amount faster than cmj/fmj/jhp.

I agree. I cast my own and apply hi-tek. I also buy coated bullets when I don't have time to cast. I have purchased bullets that I am sure were not cured correctly. Edited by bmiller

I agree. I cast my own and apply hi-tek. I also buy coated bullets when I don't have time to cast. I have purchased bullets that I am sure we're not cured correctly.

I cast as well for my open STI. My gun likes the LEE 356-120 with Hi-Tek Red Copper powder.

So which manufacturers and bullet weights of the various coated bullets arent leading up the bore/comp? I would hazard a guess that the 124s are less likely to cause leading issues than a 115 pushed to major. The coating on the Blues also seems a lot tougher than Hi-Tek. Any insights?

Why do you think it's a problem that some bullet makers use the same coating (especially when it works well)? Why would it be better that somebody else uses their "own" coating? That doesn't make sense.

Why do you think it's a problem that some bullet makers use the same coating (especially when it works well)? Why would it be better that somebody else uses their "own" coating? That doesn't make sense.
It makes sense to me. Have you ever compared a blue bullet to any of the other coated bullets that all use the same stuff. It is a totally different product. Looks and feels nothing like the hytek coatings