Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics sub forum

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope... no optics in IDPA... at least as far as this IDPA SO can ascertain.

So that's great then. We have something to offer new shooters on a budget that idpa can't.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So it's 35 ozs including a mag...hmmm

I am betting you could get a CZ 75 down to that.

The production list shows CZ75 (34.3 oz.)

After milling steel slide to mount light weight optic I am guessing it would be under 35oz.

Deltapoint weight 0.6 oz, RMR weight 1.2 oz

Edited by andersonj55126

The production list shows CZ75 (34.3 oz.)

After milling steel slide to mount light weight optic I am guessing it would be under 35oz.

Would be close wouldn't it.

The production list shows CZ75 (34.3 oz.)After milling steel slide to mount light weight optic I am guessing it would be under 35oz.

Would be close wouldn't it.

CZ 75's have a very narrow slide, some Red Dots can't be attached directly due to their mounting screws being set too far apart.

This seems like a classic case of "Killing two birds with one Stone". Basically the BOD was able to satisfy S&W and Glock by adding a 33oz weight limit and the members by adding a "production-ish" optic division.

My problem with it is the name sucks...

I would stick with name suggested by the membership (Production Optic). As far as the weight limit goes, if your gun weighs in at less than 33oz you get scored using MAJOR scoring. If your gun weighs in at 33 ounces or more you're scored using Minor scoring.

Yes I shoot a CZ and there's no way a heavy gun has enough advantage to overcome a plastic gun being scored at major power factor, but at least we would get rid of the crappy name. Carry Optics... good grief!

Edited by razorfish

...As far as the weight limit goes, if your gun weighs in at less than 33oz you get scored using MAJOR scoring. If your gun weighs in at 33 ounces or more you're scored using Minor scoring.

How do you figure?

If a gun is listed on the Production Gun list that weighs more than 33 oz it will be illegal no matter what, you can't reduce the weight legally under the Prod. rules. If you want to use a metal frame gun in WO you will have to wait for a manufacture to make a new model that is under weight and get it approved.

Rich

3djedi... I have one. Accuracy is awesome (1.6 inch at 25 yards) trigger sucks (6.25 pounds) but the overtravel screw is cool. It's on its way to Burwell. Reflex sights mount in less than a minute. At 24 ounces it handles well. The new aggressively textured backstraps are great.

Did I mention that the trigger pull weight sucks?

3djedi... I have one. Accuracy is awesome (1.6 inch at 25 yards) trigger sucks (6.25 pounds) but the overtravel screw is cool. It's on its way to Burwell. Reflex sights mount in less than a minute. At 24 ounces it handles well. The new aggressively textured backstraps are great.

Do you know if they submitted the form to get this one on the approved list?

I would really like to try this gun. I would have to get a non ported barrel for it though........9a58eb25f359d000dd9d97c083c75156.jpg

You would need the C.O.R.E. The model you are referring to only comes with ported barrel

There's a bunch of CORE's on the approved gun list, not sure which model is pictured above.

Here are the S&W entries from the list in a somewhat easier to read format:

1006 (38 oz.)

1066 (38.5 oz.)

39 (26.5 oz.)

3913 (25 oz.)

3913L (25 oz.)

3913TSW (24.8 oz.)

3914 (25 oz.)

3953 (24.8 oz.)

3953STSW (24.8 oz.)

4006 (38.5 oz.)

4013TSW (37.8 oz.)

4043 (30 oz.)

4046 (37.8 oz.)

4053TSW (26.7 oz.)

410 (28.5 oz.)

439 (30 oz.)

4506 (40.5 oz.)

4513TSW (28.6 oz.)

4553TSW (28.6 oz.)

4566 (39.1 oz.)

457 (29 oz.)

4586 (39.1 oz.)

59 (27 oz.)

5904 (26.5 oz.)

5906 DA/SA (37.5 oz.)

5906 DA/SA 5 inch (40.9 oz.)

5946 (39.5 oz.)

659 (39.5 oz.)

669 (26 oz.)

6906 (26.5 oz.)

6946 (26.5 oz.)

908 (24 oz.)

910 (28 oz.)

M&P 357 Sig Compact 3" (24.7 oz.)

M&P 357Sig 4" (28.7 oz.)

M&P 40 4" (27.5 oz.)

M&P 40 Compact 3" (24.4 oz.)

M&P 45 4" (27.9 oz.)

M&P 45 Compact 3" (27.3 oz.)

M&P 45 Full Size (28.9 oz.)

M&P 9 Compact 3" (24.2 oz.)

M&P 9L 5" 9mm (28.2 oz.)

M&P 9mm 4" (27.2 oz.)

M&P Core .40S&W 4.25 barrel (24 oz.)

M&P Core .40S&W 5 in barrel (26 oz.)

M&P Core 9mm 4.25 Barrel (24 oz.)

M&P Core 9mm 5 inch barrel (26 oz.)

M&P Pro series 5 9mm (29.2 oz.)

M&P Pro series 5 .40 S&W (29.2 oz.)

Sigma models Compact SW9V (26 oz.)

SW40C (26 oz.)

SW40F (26 oz.)

SW40V (24.4 oz.)

SW40VE (24.4 oz.)

SW99 9

40 & 45 (26 oz.)

SW9C (25 oz.)

SW9F (26 oz.)

SW9M (18 oz.)

SW9VE (24.7 oz.)

It's only a matter of time before you'll see a CZ SP01 Shadow under 33 ounces. Look at the P01's alloy frame. I am sure Angus has already sent a few emails to CZ to get them ready to send over the first batch of alloy framed SP01 Shadows. No more Welfare Optics... The new 32.7 ounce alloy framed custom AccuShadows are going to cost about US$2,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by razorfish

My buddy had one I tried the trigger on. The trigger wasn't horrible but there was absolutely zero reset. No click no feel at all. The reset was pretty short but I couldn't tell when I hit it. Lol

.... don't we already have a sport for those who want to play in this world called IDPA? ....

So you'd rather they go shoot another sport?

no, I have no interest in that so-called defensive, real-world, carry, tactical sport .... which is why I won't be playing in this new division ... my carry gun is a Taurus 32 auto and my home defense weapon is my 3-gun Benelli M2 ....

I was pretty excited to go play in Production Optics but now it would actually be cheaper for me to get into Open-major from where I am with my equipment then get setup for CO ....

My primary objective for promoting this division was for a lower cost alternative to Open that may help to bring in new members to the sport and also to aid in retaining membership; As we age our eye-sight will generally deteriorate to a point where the only viable division would be Open with all the costs associated with it.

agreed ... it's too bad our BoD wasn't concerned with that as well ....

My primary objective for promoting this division was for a lower cost alternative to Open that may help to bring in new members to the sport and also to aid in retaining membership; As we age our eye-sight will generally deteriorate to a point where the only viable division would be Open with all the costs associated with it.

agreed ... it's too bad our BoD wasn't concerned with that as well ....
When I got my open gun it was because the sights were getting fuzzy. I heard more than a few times that I could have bought a lifetime supply of quality prescription shooting glasses for what I paid. That is certainly true!

Even though I fell for it does not mean open is the only choice for older shooters with fading vision

It's only a matter of time before you'll see a CZ SP01 Shadow under 33 ounces. Look at the P01's alloy frame. I am sure Angus has already sent a few emails to CZ to get them ready to send over the first batch of alloy framed SP01 Shadows. No more Welfare Optics... The new 32.7 ounce alloy framed custom AccuShadows are going to cost about US$2,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. CZC will find a way. Side note: 35oz is the max weight.

There's a bunch of CORE's on the approved gun list, not sure which model is pictured above.

That is a PC version of the CORE.

Ok, just saw they all have ported barrels. Thanks.

They would not be eligible. I don't believe you can just change the barrel to make it legal either.

Edited by gng4life

That is a PC version of the CORE.
PC version? Ported and compensated? Is it approved with the non ported barrel? I'm not sure

If a gun is listed on the Production Gun list that weighs more than 33 oz it will be illegal no matter what, you can't reduce the weight legally under the Prod. rules. If you want to use a metal frame gun in WO you will have to wait for a manufacture to make a new model that is under weight and get it approved.

Rich

To me it seems that the WO rules are simply max 35oz and on production list. Also slide milling to mount optic is legal and will reduce weight.