Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any way to load more than 100 primers (650)?

You don't want any more primers in the system in case of a detonation which by the way is a real concern with a 650. The blast would go right up the tube and out the top and set the rest of your primers off in your," hey look what I invented an automatic primer feeding system". :)

And you wouldn't want to purely add more weight on top of the first primer.

I go the safe route too. I just load all five tubes I have, and dump them in when the alarm tells me to. Dillon makes an auto primer feeder, not sure which presses it fits.

Never heard of this. Can you get more info?

The link is for a homemade bulletfeeder/casefeeder. Am I missing something?

I go the safe route too. I just load all five tubes I have, and dump them in when the alarm tells me to. Dillon makes an auto primer feeder, not sure which presses it fits.

Never heard of this. Can you get more info?

The link is for a homemade bulletfeeder/casefeeder. Am I missing something?

Maybe it was just for a tube carousel idea. I'm doing that right now with cases using the Lee case feeder. In that case, I've got 100 cases available but no more than 25 in a row.

Like mentioned above I do have the extra tubes that I fill. I just hate hearing that damn alarm and loading primers through the little plastic arm.

The RF100 is your answer or one of the manual vibrating primer fillers, vibraprime being the least expensive one.

Eliminating the safety tube would be a bad idea. Although I have never lit off a tube, sure as stuff, if I extended it one would blow up and make me even uglier than I am now. Or really hurt me.

Under a min to get going again with the VP or you can go with the Dillon and it will shut off after you have loaded the next 20 rounds, saving you the extra minute.

Edited by jmorris

A friend of mine that is a professional reloader, he was putting a tube of primers into one of his 1050's. When dropping the primers from the tube in the last primer stopped cockeyed on the tube. John took his finger to straighten the primer and a static charge set off all the primers. Blew off part of his right index finger and thumb. Worst part is an anvil from a primer went in his eye and he lost his eye.

After that I never handle primer without safety glasses on. Same with loading on my presses, I keep bifocal safety glass right on my reloading bench.

No matter how big it is, at some point youwill have to replenish the primer magazine. The RF100 automated primer tube filler makes for an extremely efficient workflow... a much better investment of time and energy than monkeying with the priming system.

A friend of mine that is a professional reloader, he was putting a tube of primers into one of his 1050's. When dropping the primers from the tube in the last primer stopped cockeyed on the tube. John took his finger to straighten the primer and a static charge set off all the primers. Blew off part of his right index finger and thumb. Worst part is an anvil from a primer went in his eye and he lost his eye.

After that I never handle primer without safety glasses on. Same with loading on my presses, I keep bifocal safety glass right on my reloading bench.

Wow! That was a costly lesson and one I hope others will learn from!

Fairly expensive way to add 100 extra primers to the press and doesn't solve the whole pecking them one at a time. I will say it looks nicely designed and nicely made too. But for a few $ more you can have an rf100 which would seem to be the better tool to speed up replenishing primers.

Possibly of value to those running autodrive 1050s though. :)

jmorris, I also use a vibra prime but I removed the tube that came with it pull the pick up end off my tubes and stick my Dillon primer tubes in it. I normally fill 10 to 15 tubes before I ever begin loading so I am not stopping every 100 to load a primer tube.

Wow! That was a costly lesson and one I hope others will learn from!

My friend has a glass eye now,even though it look natural you still can't use it. If you think about it our vision is one of the most important things we have.

Thanks, it seems like one of those times not to mess with a good thing. Anything that affects the safety is not an option as far as I'm concerned (like that 10-8 extension without an extended blast tube?!). Changing tubes really isn't that big of a deal, and I can figure out something to do with the buzzer when it drives me to the point of insanity (maybe a new speaker from Radio Shack is all it needs).

I don't know what I was talking about with the plastic arm - I do flip it out of the way, I think I just noticed the arm and the primer weight tube seem a bit flimsy.