Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slow Motion Comp Testing

kneelingatlas

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for any confusion, Open1215 has my thought correct. If a physical limitation means he can't get a really solid grip (fused wrist and all) the reduced recoil might be easier to manage. I'm certainly not suggesting I've found some new go faster strategy for open, or that he can't figure out how to make it work his own way.

Obviously the scoring disadvantage is significant and leaves very little margin for error.

Hello: One of the things when using a well designed comp and a good setup is that shooting major has less felt recoil sometimes than some minor loads. It sounds weird I know but it is true. I found out when I tested comps a couple of years ago. Some shot softer at higher velocities and flatter as well. Thanks, Eric

Atlas, would it be at all possible to compare the Akai comp to a standard comp on the same gun, with the same barrel? I'm interested to see how it compares by eliminating as many other variables as possible to get the purest sense of what it's doing...Can you describe the felt recoil for us? Does it FEEL like the comp is doing something different from others you've shot?

Yes, it's on my agenda. The gun with the Cheely comp has a 5.4" barrel w/o holes, so I plan to use it as a test mule. I've posted video of it with the Cheely comp and AZone, future videos will feature the Akai, CFD, McLearn, Benny Hill, Thundercomp II, and Eric's comp.

The muzzle blast from power pistol is obnoxious, but it does create a lot of muzzle pressure. Might be worth a try in the 140-150ish power factor range.

someone any load advice for 9major loads with Power pistol? my pistol runs on standard loads with power pistol, maybe I'll try to get major (big flash and bang)

gr T

Thanks for the correction. I had used it for 9minor and I know plenty using it for 40major but from my experience I thought it would be a little fast burning to drive a 9mm pill at 1400fps in an open gun. Imo in the Alliant powders blue dot would be a better choice.

Same here. I was on a test drive (former mechanic) and a guy ran a stop sign. That was that. Arm hit the pavement at 40 mph and "turned to dust" as my doctor put it.

Funny seems like a lot if us have wrist and or shoulder issues from bikes. Lol I guess shooting is our adrenaline rush. Now. Lol

Edited by a matt

Lol I still have a Nissan Gtr with 700+hp and a bike and still go to the Nurburgring to drive something fast once every year or two but I don't regularly do racing any more and don't have some of the fast toys I did have. Don't ride so much either (wife not so keen on the regular once per year accident). So I guess a lot of my fun now is shooting fast not going fast. :)

The muzzle blast from power pistol is obnoxious, but it does create a lot of muzzle pressure. Might be worth a try in the 140-150ish power factor range.

someone any load advice for 9major loads with Power pistol? my pistol runs on standard loads with power pistol, maybe I'll try to get major (big flash and bang)

gr T

I ran a bunch of 147s in 9Major a few years ago when that was the only thing I could find. It wasn't that bad at all but I wouldn't use it by choice. I wouldn't use it with 124s and using it with 115s would be silly, given the pressure signs I saw in my testing.

Sent from the range

Just a thought, is it possible to get the video footage looking through the Cmore? Seems that would tell a lot about dot tracking, lateral movements, and return to baseline.

Thanks for all the hard work that you guys have shared.

Sent from the range

Just a thought, is it possible to get the video footage looking through the Cmore? Seems that would tell a lot about dot tracking, lateral movements, and return to baseline.

Thanks for all the hard work that you guys have shared.

Sent from the range

Like this

I still want a pair of pivot head glasses. They seem to offer one of the best vies I've seen.

They look awesome but the highest frame rate is 60 so the slo-mo vids might not show as much as you want. They are pretty cool though!

Sent from the range