Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA belt fit

Thaunk

Could somebody who has a DAA belt comment on how it's supposed to fit? I wear a 36 so I ordered a 38 belt. What concerns me is that outer belt only has a couple inches overlapped in the front. Am I bigger fatass than I thought or is this because the belt is new?

I have two. One set up for limited and one set up for prod and they fit a little different they way the set ups run. I wear 38 and the 40 is plenty big. Like was said the Velcro is really good and the belt is stiff and doesn't need to overlap much. Much more overlap would prevent mag pouches ect and placement.

Just my 2 cents

You may run out of real estate if you have a lot of equipment (mag holder, holster) up front: Even in divisions where everything is behind the points of the hipbones, depending on the belt fit, there might be too much overlap to keep the belt end from jamming against your equipment (Your equipment on the belt, I mean, not below it ;^D).

Also, even with a keeper, there may be too much weight on the end of the belt to keep it secure - better to have Velcro stuck tight on both sides of the equipment you draw from the most (first mag pouch and holster) and that works best with the belt ends behind you.

Edited by kevin c

New question. Why have the belt backwards when you do your setup?

If you're shooting Limited (L10), Open or Revolver you may want a mag pouch or moon clip rack roughly where your pants button is located, at or very near the midline. That makes it tough to have the belt overlap in the front......

New question. Why have the belt backwards when you do your setup?

On my limited and open rigs I run a mag right about my bellybutton so strapping the belt in the back gives me room to run my mags our front .... On my single stack I strap it up front to give me room to stack my 6 double alpha mag holders behind my hip

The overlap is designed to be about 8", and the recommendation is 'at least half that' - per Saul/DAA's youtube video. I think 8" overlap is a lot, so my belt has less (though not DA). Here is the video, maybe it will help:

I shoot Single Stack (similar to production rules/capacity) so I overlap the inner belt in the back and the outer belt in the front, since I have mag pouches that reach almost to the middle of my back sometimes.

The belt manufacturers do different things regarding belt size and fit. I believe DA is designed to order your actual size (pants or waist I'm not sure) with the overlap built in. CRSpeed has you measure your waist and order larger. Interestingly, the overlap with CRSpeed varies by size. 36" and above have extra overlap than 34" and smaller.

32 pants, 34 DAA belt. I wouldn't want any less overlap, not sure if a 36 wouldn't be too much.

Measured 6" overlap. 8"+ overlap would be fine for me.

Also, I just started using a plastic Arredondo style belt keeper - much more satisfactory than the velcro wrap.

Thanks very much for the video. I'll check the overlap when I get home tonight. I haven't used the belt yet, so if it's wrong hopefully shooter's connection will let me do an exchange. Otherwise, soon to see a really cheap DAA belt in the trade section.

• 1 month later...

Pictures shows the overlap on the outer belt. I'm not sure if it's enough. I did use the belt saver and it felt resonable secure but I don't have the mag and mag pouches yet. Just had the gun in the holster while I moved around. Look ok to you guys or not?

post-57801-0-52600300-1449707751_thumb.j

Pictures shows the overlap on the outer belt. I'm not sure if it's enough. Look ok to you guys or not?

I don't understand how it happened, but over the past ten years, my belt seems to

have shrunk just like yours did. :surprise:

My belt looked exactly like the one in your photo, so I just ordered a new, larger belt.

Can't wait to try it out Saturday. :cheers: