Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slots For Us Nationals

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my "welcome to the match" package, but I had an earned slot.

I hang around for the prize table. Even at 98,453'rd I ended up with a new .40 barrel, which went with the complete gun (sans barrel) that I pulled off the prize table at the Texas Limited. Hmmm...and now Liota is shooting that pistol, so I guess I didn't actually get anything :D

Alex

Whats the better place to stay? I've looked at the maps and Hannibal seems a little closer than Quincy. Quincy says 45 mintues from Barry, but Hannibal say its only 25 minutes. What else is there to do there? Already got a hotel in Hannibal, where's the most popular place to stay, or match hotel as we know it here in Florida?

Whats the better place to stay? I've looked at the maps and Hannibal seems a little closer than Quincy. Quincy says 45 mintues from Barry, but Hannibal say its only 25 minutes. What else is there to do there? Already got a hotel in Hannibal, where's the most popular place to stay, or match hotel as we know it here in Florida?

Hannibal is definately the place to stay, it is so quick to the range especially in the morning when the traffic starts to build up. There's not a whole lot to do at either Quincy or Hannibal, there are some tourist spots but they are all within driving range whichever town you choose to stay at.

For those who have stayed in Hannibal before, how long did the drive take in the morning to get to the range? Also, for those that stayed in Quincy, how long did the drive take?

First time shooting a Nationals and wanted to know about how long my drive times would be in the morning.

Anyone know about walk-ons for the Limited Nationals?

Already have a slot for the Open and signed up for the Limited waitlist but very late at 07:00am. Since I'll be traveling halfway across the world to get there, wanted to try and shoot both matches.

For those who have stayed in Hannibal before, how long did the drive take in the morning to get to the range? Also, for those that stayed in Quincy, how long did the drive take?

First time shooting a Nationals and wanted to know about how long my drive times would be in the morning.

Quincy --- 30 minutes from the Holiday Inn, taking the Holiday Inn Road to the Interstate. Warning: I learned how to drive on the Autobahn, so it's entirely possible that speed limit signs were ignored during this trip......

Already have a slot for the Open and signed up for the Limited waitlist but very late at 07:00am. Since I'll be traveling halfway across the world to get there, wanted to try and shoot both matches.

In the past, walk-ons were able to be accomodated.

Now that does NOT mean you are guaranteed to get in, nor am I in anyway an official member of USPSA or this match.

Nik,

You arent the only one. Ive got a bad habit of trying to get where (everywhere) Im going as fast as possible.

I heard the same from several people that USPSA tried to accomodate everyone and anyone who wants to shoot the Nationals.

In the past, walk-ons were able to be accomodated.

Now that does NOT mean you are guaranteed to get in, nor am I in anyway an official member of USPSA or this match.

Nik,

You arent the only one. Ive got a bad habit of trying to get where (everywhere) Im going as fast as possible.

Kevin,

It's gotten so bad that my colleagues have formulated an official policy: Whatever time I tell them it will take to drive to an assignment, they'll add 50% to ---- to make sure they arrive on time.....

Here is some important and official information regarding slots for the USPSA Handgun Nationals. These numbers apply to both matches.

There were 240 slots received and paid for each match (O-L10 & L-P-R) prior to the opening of the wait list. There are 350 slots available for each match. We will not go over that number or we will not be able to complete the match in case of unexpected delays (weather, locusts, deer stampede, whatever). As of right now, 60 wait list slots for each match have been filled, which brings the total number of paid entrants, to date, to 300 for each match. USPSA is calling at least 20 people per day from the wait list to determine if they will take their slot or not. As of today, nobody has turned down a slot. Nobody. This means that there are 50 remaining slots for each match, therefore it's unlikely that if you are 80 down on the waiting list that you will get in. This is unfortunate, and we wish we could take everyone, but given the time restraints on the matches, it's not possible. It also means that if you just show up, it will be highly unlikely that you'll get into the match, unless there are last minute cancellations. In some years this happens, but sometimes it doesn't. Within the next week, the remaining wait list people should be called, and once each match has reached it's limit, USPSA won't call anyone else, unless someone calls and cancels, and then they'll call the next person on the waiting list. This will probably be done up until the week prior to the match, and then it's going to be a walk-on deal, because the people who are doing slots and registration will be at PASA preparing for the matches.

DO NOT CALL USPSA and bug them about your position on the waiting list. This will only slow things down, and everyone there is busy with Nationals and their regular duties.

While it may be true that in the past people who just showed up were able to get into the match, be aware that with the apparent high demand for these two matches that this may not be possible this year.

Troy McManus

RM, 2005 Handgun Nationals

I"ll be away from my computer for the remainder of the weekend, so if you post and chew my ass, well, it will have to wait until Sunday night or Monday for a reply.

:)

Have a nice weekend, and go do some shooting. That's where I'm headed: Space City. :D

Troy

Got an e-mail from Kim yesterday and called her this a.m. for my Limited slot (sign up time was 07:47am) so I'll be shooting both Nationals if I can find a way to get my limited .40 ammo there. Heard it's really difficult to purchase ammo in both IL and MO, need some FOID or something :( .

Anyone has any ideas? UPS/FedEx will be about $100.00+ :o for shipping.

USPSA has a deal going with PMC about having match ammo delivered...Check the USPSA website for details. Also, Atlanta Arms & Ammo - you'd need to ship your brass to them first but perhaps they could reload it and send it to your hotel to hold for you until you checked in. Ck out this thread.

More information regarding the Nationals slots waiting list:

By late this afternoon, both matches will be full. This makes for a total of 700 entrants in both matches.

As I stated before, if there are cancellations, waiting list members will be contacted in order. Remember: you must pay for your slot by credit card when you are contacted in order to facilitate cycling through the waiting list in a timely fashion. Unpaid slots will be distributed to the next member on the list.

Troy