Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slots For Us Nationals

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be up at 12:00 on 4/10. I say "about" since I am going to be up that everning checking to make sure it works. I'll set the system up to accept waitlist entries at 12:00:00 EDT.

If there is any problem when the waitlist system comes up, I should have it fixed very shortly after 12:00.

Rob

It should be up at 12:00 on 4/10.  I say "about" since I am going to be up that everning checking to make sure it works.  I'll set the system up to accept waitlist entries at 12:00:00 EDT.

If there is any problem when the waitlist system comes up, I should have it fixed very shortly after 12:00.

Rob

Rob,

Just for clarification: Are you shooting for Midnight as the 9th changes to the 10th on the East Coast, Midnight as the 10th changes to the 11th, or are we talking about Noon on the 10th? I'm guessing from the evening comment that it's one of the former two....

A few comments about the waiting list:

1). Time is Eastern Daylight Time

2). It goes live at 12:00AM (midnite) at the beginning of 4/10 - that is, when the date on the calendar changes from a "9" to a "10". This time is being used since it provides a chance for everyone in the country to get to the web site without staying home during a weekend day or staying up to a totally unreasonable hour.

3). The system is programmed to allow registrations at exactly that time, and the link will be in place a day or so ahead of time. The waitlist form will tell you what time the server thinks it is, so you will know when things open up.

4). I will be up monitoring the system when it goes live. If there is any problem, I will be right on it and will have it working promptly. With a bit of luck, I won't have to do anything except watch.

5). Thanks for the offer to test the system, however, the system is integrated with our credit card processing system and I doubt you would like to have us run test charges through your account :).

6). The system will provide a status mechanism where you can type in your number and it will confirm you are on the waiting list. There will be no need to call national HQ to ask if you are really on the list, as all they would do is check the web site for you using this same verification feature.

7). If you want to be on the waiting list for both of the nationals, just sign up twice - once for each match.

8). It's $20 to get on the waitlist. If you accept a slot, this is credited towards the entry fee. If you are not offered a slot, it is refunded. If you are offered and decline, the money is forwarded to the webmaster for reloading supplies.

Rob

ps: Just kidding about the reloading supplies, but USPSA does keep the $20 if they offer you a slot and you don't take it. The purpose is not to make $$ (they are not hoping for turndowns), but to avoid a repeat of the year in which we had over 600 people to call and only a hundred or so actually wanted slots.

Rob

3). The system is programmed to allow registrations at exactly that time, and the link will be in place a day or so ahead of time.  The waitlist form will tell you what time the server thinks it is, so you will know when things open up.

Hmmmm.....I sure don't see the link anywhere. Is it enabled yet?

The link *WILL* be there sometime today, right on the main page, You won't need any passwords to submit yourself to the list.

If all goes well, it will open up EXACTLY at 12:00. If there is a problem, I should be able to have it fixed in a few minutes. I will be on line at the magical hour and will be checking to make sure the database starts seeing some action.

I haven't put the linkup just yet since I am still running some tests.

Rob Boudrie

rob@boudrie.com

webmaster@uspsa.org

It's up. With a bit of luck my role for tonite is that of spectator.

If you get an unexpected error when using the waitlist, email rob@boudrie.com. Please do not phone me, as I will probably already be working on the problem. But, with a bit of luck there won't be anything for me to do except think "yup, it works" and go clean guns or something. If there is a problem, I will have the system up ASAP (we will not wait to have another magical "starting time" - any delay would likley be only minutes).

What are the guesses as to the number of entries to the watilists in the first hour?

It's up.  With a bit of luck my role for tonite is that of spectator.

If you get an unexpected error when using the waitlist, email rob@boudrie.com.  Please do not phone me, as I will probably already be working on the problem.  But, with a bit of luck there won't be anything for me to do except think "yup, it works" and go clean guns or something.  If there is a problem, I will have the system up ASAP (we will not wait to have another magical "starting time" - any delay would likley be only minutes).

What are the guesses as to the number of entries to the watilists in the first hour?

Do you know how many slots are available?

I don't know how many slots are available since that's handled from HQ (the total is 300+ per match, but I don't know how many of the awarded slots were claimed, and how many were returned to the pool). Fortunately, HQ takes care of that.

Time to sync the server clock with NIST.GOV now.

Same thing happened to me. I put myself and brother in law on and it initially said it took it and I have the transaction number, but when I go back in the website and check the verification, it says not found. Not sure, but I have the transaction number, so there is a record of it.

Rob, any info, please??

The Check Status seems to be working better now. For those that requested slots for others it may show your name and the other person's USPSA number. I put in a couple of slots for someone else on my credit card and it seems to have used my name. At least the USPSA number is right so hopefully HQ will use that...