Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 IRC

Will ICORE convert the IRC PractiScore results to the old pdf format and post on the ICORE website??

Probably need to ask practiscore really nicely if they can export it out like that.

On the other hand, based on what I've read about practiscore, there is a simple API that exists that should allow anyone who has access to it to create the results in any format they want.

Great staff, great stages, great facility, 3 days of the best food at any major I have ever shot. I congratulate everyone who helped make it all possible. My only minor criticism is location. For a 3 day match there is not much to do 50% of each day. Tables don't open until 6 pm and the food in town leave a bit to be desired. All in all great match. Just wish our guns ran like they should.

Listening to the mumbling under the tent, my predictions for the 2016 IRC

30% Chance it will be back in Fallon NV. (If Dave Sergei has anything to say about it.)

10% chance it will be @ Universal Shooting Academy in Florida. (If Melanie Chan has anything to say about it.)

60% chance it will be back in Morro Bay (If Art Leach has anything to say about it.)

Great staff, great stages, great facility, 3 days of the best food at any major I have ever shot. I congratulate everyone who helped make it all possible. My only minor criticism is location. For a 3 day match there is not much to do 50% of each day. Tables don't open until 6 pm and the food in town leave a bit to be desired. All in all great match. Just wish our guns ran like they should.

Listening to the mumbling under the tent, my predictions for the 2016 IRC

30% Chance it will be back in Fallon NV. (If Dave Sergei has anything to say about it.)

10% chance it will be @ Universal Shooting Academy in Florida. (If Melanie Chan has anything to say about it.)

60% chance it will be back in Morro Bay (If Art Leach has anything to say about it.)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/panaderia-azteca-bakery-fallon, best mexican.

We ate there twice, it looked like nothing on the outside but had excellent mexican food. #itsnotafluke found it and he was right.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-courtyard-cafe-and-bakery-fallon?utm_campaign=www_business_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Best breakfast, that was found asking a local at the mexican place where the best breakfast in town was.

No match is perfect, there are gripes about every major I have ever gone too.

I thought the Fallon crew did an excellent job and I would go back if they host it again.

Edited by seanc

Varminter,

A results format that allowed one to print all the columns of data on one page-width sheet would be nice, for sure.

I got a super Philly cheesesteak at the TopGun diner/ice cream parlor in old downtown Fallon last week.

Why was it super? Because it was "inverted", duh. Get it, TopGun...inverted. Eh, never mind.

Anyway, a couple of us ate at Julio's Mexican/Italian and Jerry's Diner. Then went to the Black Bear diner in Fenley (up on I80). Mmmm, huckleberry shakes.

All fine for a town the size of Fallon.

I'd like to thank all those involved in putting on the match. It was a pleasant diversion.

If you don't like the 6-shot neutral design of this year's ICORE postal match, let the stage designers for the IRC design next year's postal match.

That'll fix ya. :^)

Interesting.

The PractiScore results show 166 entries and the ICORE webpage results show 171 entries.

And, going through the match results, by my count I noted shooters from 22 states and Australia.

22 states:

Nevada
California
Pennsylvania
Washington
Texas
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Louisiana
Utah
Arizona
Iowa
Oregon
Massachusetts
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Kansas
Colorado
Florida
Indiana
Idaho
Missouri

Connecticut

And three shooters pending ICORE membership with unknown state of residence.

[Edited to add Connecticut]

Edited by varminter22

Interesting.

The PractiScore results show 166 entries and the ICORE webpage results show 171 entries.

And, going through the match results, by my count I noted shooters from 21 states and Australia.

21 states:

Nevada

California

Pennsylvania

Washington

Texas

New Hampshire

New Jersey

Louisiana

Utah

Arizona

Iowa

Oregon

Massachusetts

Oklahoma

Tennessee

Kansas

Colorado

Florida

Indiana

Idaho

Missouri

Missed connecticut(me)

Is there a way you can also show counts from each?

Interesting.

And, going through the match results, by my count I noted shooters from 21 states and Australia.

21 states:

Nevada

California

Pennsylvania

Washington

Texas

New Hampshire

New Jersey

Louisiana

Utah

Arizona

Iowa

Oregon

Massachusetts

Oklahoma

Tennessee

Kansas

Colorado

Florida

Indiana

Idaho

Missouri

Missed connecticut(me)

Ooops. Sorry 'bout that.

Make that 22 states - including Connecticut!

I reckon I could count how many from each state. But will take a while as I was simply going down the list. Or perhaps copy/paste into an excel file and then sort.

Interesting.

21 states:

Nevada

California

Pennsylvania

Washington

Texas

New Hampshire

New Jersey

Louisiana

Utah

Arizona

Iowa

Oregon

Massachusetts

Oklahoma

Tennessee

Kansas

Colorado

Florida

Indiana

Idaho

Missouri

Missed connecticut(me)

Ooops. Sorry 'bout that.

Make that 22 states - including Connecticut!

I reckon I could count how many from each state. But will take a while as I was simply going down the list. Or perhaps copy/paste into an excel file and then sort.

spreadsheets...

67 california

27 nevada

15 arizona

7 australia

5 washington

all else are less than 4.

Probably the main people that could afford to go because it was too far away from the rest of us. :angry2:

blessed with enough disposable income to afford it, but it would not break my heart even a little to not spend real money and 5 full days to shoot the match.

It is what it is, I pulled an entry for next year off the prize table, so chances are I'll be there again where ever it lands. Ontelaunee PA could do it....

Makes a pretty strong statement for keeping the match out west....

pish

posh

Says the guy who lives out west.

Well I still have to fly there, about the same distance you have to fly to nationals.

Sticking a third major revolver match in the southeast wouldn't hurt anyone, but I think the 2 majors we have right now are best where they are.

Regardless of where it is next year, I would like to try and make it. However, in the interest of more attendence from other states, I am willing to bet if it were on the east coast, there would be more shooters turn out from the east coast; if it were in the central states, there would be more shooters from the central part of the US attend.

I would love to attend the IRC every year, but if it stays out west, it won't be something I could do yearly. I hope that consideration is given to hold it where more shooters have an opportunity to attend it from other parts of the US.