Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 IRC

What we should be talking about is another match. Icore could call it a National Championship, as opposed to the International, and hold it someplace warm during the winter....

What would be nice would be Icore National on Sat the Uspsa National on Sunday at the same range.

Dean, that's pretty much what we're doing next weekend in Ankeny--10 stages of ICORE on Saturday and 10 stages of USPSA on Sunday!

Great match. Staff was excellent. Nate did a great job getting it all together. A big thank you to Dennis(?) and his crew for lunch. Stages were great. I like moving and shooting so if you wanted stand and deliver/steel challenge stages you were probably not happy.

I will travel to wherever they hold this match. That being said I think this is one of the best IRCs in recent history(3-4 years). If they want to bounce it back and forth east coast/west coast fine but, let us make sure the club can offer a match worthy of the title International Revolver Championship. Wherever they hold the match, bring a new revo shooter with you. I am not trying to do a P.S.A. for Icore but. I had a great time shooting with a couple of new guys on our squad. It brought back a lot of memories of having self doubt about a stage and having a more experienced shooter tell you that you could do something you were pretty sure you could not and it paid off. Win/win you get the trip down memory lane they get some mentoring.

Now to the complaining, HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO PAY FOR CLEAN TARGETS ON STANDARDS? tired of bad/tough calls. Putting a new target up must be faster than pasteing 36 holes. This gets rid of the "thats not your hole, tape must of fell off, I dont see a grease ring(in the black x) penalty for extra hit when tape does fall off ,etc,etc,etc. b.s. GIve us new targets we can score them in the shade while they are putting the targets up for the next relay. Dont worry I cant pull tape off the target before it is scored,....there is none.

Jason

Now to the complaining, HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO PAY FOR CLEAN TARGETS ON STANDARDS? tired of bad/tough calls. Putting a new target up must be faster than pasteing 36 holes. This gets rid of the "thats not your hole, tape must of fell off, I dont see a grease ring(in the black x) penalty for extra hit when tape does fall off ,etc,etc,etc. b.s. GIve us new targets we can score them in the shade while they are putting the targets up for the next relay. Dont worry I cant pull tape off the target before it is scored,....there is none.

Jason

i never gave this much thought other than assuming logistics of fresh was to overwhelming but I would GLADLY play another 6 bucks on the entry fee if I got 6 new targets for standards....

What would be nice would be Icore National on Sat the Uspsa National on Sunday at the same range.

Dean, that's pretty much what we're doing next weekend in Ankeny--10 stages of ICORE on Saturday and 10 stages of USPSA on Sunday!
... And Carmoney puts on a great match. Wish I could be the this weekend.

Exactly and if I was the boss of myself I would be there. But my woman boss says I have to go to a wedding.

Jason

i never gave this much thought other than assuming logistics of fresh was to overwhelming but I would GLADLY play another 6 bucks on the entry fee if I got 6 new targets for standards....

That shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just have extra sticks, maybe a half dozen shooters worth, already stapled on sticks, pull the sticks and targets out, take them off to side for scoring, new sticks with targets go in for the next shooter. After paper is scored, strip the sticks, staple new ones on, put them back into rotation. Mark the sticks so you know the height will be right for each target when placed. It might actually run the stage faster/ smoother.

Listen Up East Coaster,

If you want the IRC held east of the Mississippi all you need is a NOT FOR PROFIT range that will offer to host the match. The IRC has grown into a monster of a match that requires $$$ paid back to winners in the form of $1000 cash to division winners and HUGE $$$$$ prize table. That requires a significant portion of each entry to go back to the competitors. If that can happen back east then the IRC is coming...... If the only range submissions ICORE receives is from large for profit ranges that wish to collect entry's themselves and not provide a large caliber prize table then don't hold your breath. Imo if Nathan passes on hosting it again next year then the IRC will be back in Morro Bay.

Listen Up East Coaster,

If you want the IRC held east of the Mississippi all you need is a NOT FOR PROFIT range that will offer to host the match. The IRC has grown into a monster of a match that requires $$$ paid back to winners in the form of $1000 cash to division winners and HUGE $$$$$ prize table. That requires a significant portion of each entry to go back to the competitors. If that can happen back east then the IRC is coming...... If the only range submissions ICORE receives is from large for profit ranges that wish to collect entry's themselves and not provide a large caliber prize table then don't hold your breath. Imo if Nathan passes on hosting it again next year then the IRC will be back in Morro Bay.

Don't count on that, Ty. Start looking for cheap flights to Florida.

Just sayin'...... ;)

Edited by Carmoney

• 2 weeks later...

When is it typically announced when/where the next IRC will be held? I am sure everybody is hearing this or that, I just wondered when we might see something concrete about a date and location.

I don't think there is a typical anymore.

Nate said at awards he would not make a decision about whether he would host again in fallon until january at the earliest so I would not expect to know anything for awhile...