Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3gun Limited Optic choices

cactusbrew

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like my holosun a lot real similar to primary arms aimpoint clones, but has a better warranty and auto on/off

I just got one of the new Holosun sights with the Solar panel on top and am liking it a lot. It has the option of a single dot or circle dot and has buttons on the side, so no huge knob to get in the way of your peripheral vision.

For the prism sights(Leupold, Vortex, Burris), can you adjust the focus so that the tube seems to disappear (like 1x on a Swaro or VortexJM)? Perhaps that kind of 1x would be considered magnified but I really like those scopes where the optic really disappears.

Edited by MustangGreg66

I have used almost every limited optic and the one now I really like is the new Burris 1x the reticle is awesome. The leupold was great since it was one of the only etched reticles I could adjust to my eyes. I use an eotech at work and have an aimpoint as well and those dots just aren't sharp for my eyes. But now that the Burris is out I wouldn't even consider another optic. Make sure you look through it before you shell out for the Leupod and larue I had that exact setup and sold it in a month. I lost quite a bit in the deal.

Prismatic in LaRue mount.

The more I read about the prismatic, the more I like it. I think this might be my next sight.

Discontinued. Most of the Limited shooters using an optic have gone to the Burris or Vortex for good reasons.

Edited by MarkCO

Prismatic in LaRue mount.

The more I read about the prismatic, the more I like it. I think this might be my next sight.
Discontinued. Most of the Limited shooters using an optic have gone to the Burris or Vortex for good reasons.

Available new from multiple sources, still featured on manufacturers website, it may be discontinued at some point, possibly tomorrow, but it is not now. Even if it is discontinued in the near future can you be certain there will not be a replacement? Would the discontinuation of a product make it less suitable for a task? You spend your time pumping products, you pumped the pris, now you pump the Burris. I do not give two slim shits what people decide to shoot, but your assertion that " Most of the Limited shooters using an optic have gone to the Burris or Vortex for good reasons." Is not accurate. It is another example of you pushing your personal agenda. The prismatic was never a universally used optic in limited. Sure a few of the top guys use or used them, but the vast majority of limited shooters who used an optic did not. As posted even in this thread, the pris as it comes from the factory leaves much to be desired, but it can be made to work, but Aimpoints and eo's where and are far more common. And the for good reason jab is just silly, if someone makes a change they certainly had a reason, but that reason may be because they got a free something else to play with, how would that be relevant? You are a cheerleader, your reasons are your own and beyond my comprehension, but they certainly must be strong. Posting shit on the internet does not make it true, no matter who posts it or how many times they post it.

As an aside I wanted to give the Burris that you have been pumping a try, it was not available at any retail outlet I could find, so I picked up another pris, are you sure the Burris was not discontinued?

When I was looking a couple of months ago I could not locate a prismatic or a burris 1x offered new anywhere google could find. Weeks later I finally found a new burris on Amazon and snatched it up. Maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places. As I understand it Burris has halted production of the current 1x and will release a version of it in the new year with a different reticle.

You are not allowed opinions MarkCO.

Guess not. I do enjoy the humor of people who don't even know me think they know so much more about me that I know.

As I understand it Burris has halted production of the current 1x and will release a version of it in the new year with a different reticle.

That is correct. I think the new reticle designs are pretty killer and the other improvements will be good as well.

You are not allowed opinions MarkCO.

Guess not. I do enjoy the humor of people who don't even know me think they know so much more about me that I know.

As I understand it Burris has halted production of the current 1x and will release a version of it in the new year with a different reticle.

That is correct. I think the new reticle designs are pretty killer and the other improvements will be good as well.

What's the new reticle design like?

There are two. One much less cluttered..a few well proportioned dots and indicators. The other close to the current with a little bit of clean up. Just pushing my agenda again to get better gear to shooters. :cheers:

Edited by MarkCO

There are two. One much less cluttered..a few well proportioned dots and indicators. The other close to the current with a little bit of clean up. Just pushing my agenda again to get better gear to shooters. :cheers:

Thanks Mark. I like the look of the old one just wish the center circle was hollow

Noooo...not 4, 5, 6 'indicators' again like the original AR1X reticle!

Yeah Mark, keep pushing your "agenda" like a politician, we are too d@mn serious sometime :roflol:

Did James design the less cluttered one?

Well with all this light hearted banter going on, I've got to jump on Mark as well. I'm really surprised at the ease in which he switches his views on products always trying to find the next greatest thing, and then recommending the stuff he has tested and proven. Preposterous I tell you!

I am a bit surprised, however, that no one has mentioned the great sight setup of Decot and J.P. Day light visible, precise adjustments, repeatable, and no batteries......oh wait you said best "OPTIC" for iron sight division.....hmmmm!!??? :lol:

I'm going to find out how well the Trijicon MRO works next week at Blue Ridge. I'll either post a glowing report, or have it for sale in the classifieds.

:roflol:

Bryan the MRO is a single dot similar to a H1 or T1 aimpoint correct?

I'm going to find out how well the Trijicon MRO works next week at Blue Ridge. I'll either post a glowing report, or have it for sale in the classifieds.

:roflol:

Bryan the MRO is a single dot similar to a H1 or T1 aimpoint correct?

Yes, the MRO is a single 2moa red dot sight like an aimpoint.