Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best mag pouch for the tactical sport

magpulled

I'm not seeing to many options out there so hopefully some of you veteran limited shooters of tac sports will chime in. I'm thinking I'll need 3 maybe 4 but not sure yet. Would a magnetic one be a good idea for the first mag ?

I very much like the DAA. I use the plastic Racers, because I only needed rotation on one axis. You only need 3 IMO. I've never used more than two mags on a stage. The third pouch is for the barney/oops mag.

I think I'm going to go with DAA mag pouches and guga Ribas holster. I don't think I'll be be disappointed. Now if CZC would get the parts in I need. I have no patience but have learned that patience is a must when upgrading comp pistols.

I have 4 pouches on my Limited belt rig. 2 Ghost, and 2 CR Speed.

My primaries (i.e. the first two on the belt that I do 99% of reloads from) are Ghost pouches. Had them already for my Glock 24 and just had to adjust the leaf springs and tension screws to fit them to the TS Mags. I will admit the Ghost pouches feel like cheap material, but I really like the adjustability and have been using them for 3+ years and have yet to break one.

The secondaries are the CR Speeds. None of the OEM shims fit TS mags perfectly, so I took the next size too small (i.e. the shim that left the least amount of slop) and layered duct tape on the back of the shim until it would hold the amount of tension I wanted...think it was 4 or 5 layers.

Ernie is back ordered on his holsters right now but they should be in any day. DAA pouches are the bomb. I have used the CR Speed pouches. You can use them with the regular S_I spacers. Just crank the snot out of the tension screw.

I use DAA RM's placed bullets out. I drilled and taped a hole in the side of the first pouch for a magnet. I didn't know about the Glock spacer so I just sanded down the thick spacer until it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know bout the glock spacer either ! Got my DAA pouches and guess what ? THe mags don't fit. I selected the cz option when I ordered thinking that would do it. So now I'm using the Dremel to sand them down and it's no fun.

magpulled, just call the shop you ordered them from and tell them you ordered them fo a CZ. The inserts are free when you order. You just have to order them. I'm sure they will send them to you, although you may have to pay the freight.

magpulled, just call the shop you ordered them from and tell them you ordered them fo a CZ. The inserts are free when you order. You just have to order them. I'm sure they will send them to you, although you may have to pay the freight.

I called CED this morning and their sending them to me. Gotta love good customer svc.

I've been using cr speed belts but thinking about DAA b/c I hear that they are stiffer than cr speed

I just got my Ernie Hill Belt and adjustable holster last night.

I am blown away on the quality of both the holster and the belt. The belt is a MTS which is a polymer steel and foam internal. This thing can tow a boat!!

The holster is smooth as hell. You set it up for whatever gun you want. It is totally awesome!!!

I have 4 mag holders coming also. I'll let you guys know how I like them.

Edited by bigboy69