Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Transporting magazines

EDA

How does everyone transport their magazines? ie, do you use the CED type pouches that hold 6 or 8 mags? Just in the pistol case? In your range bag?

I currently put my primary set in my pistol case and the backup set in a CED pounch in the range bag. Try to color code the baseplates so that the 9mm and 40's are obviously different.

Other suggestions?

I use pistol cases with the built-in mag holders on the side so I know when I grab a certain pistol to take with me, it will have the matching mags with it. I put that in the range bag where I keep everything else. In my range bag, I usually keep a few extras of the common mags I use just in case.

i have a small range bag that holds all my mag pouches: one pouch for my 5 STI mags, 2 pouches for my 10 CZ Shadow mags, 2 pouchs for my 9 Buckmark mags and 1 pouch for my 5 S&W model 41 mags. I just grab the magazine range bag & toss it into my cart and I always have everything I need ....

Even though the range bag I use for USPSA has a abundance of mag loops, I never use them. I use CED mag pouches instead, including during the match. It keeps the mags clean. I found out the hard way that leaving the mags exposed during a shoot is asking for trouble.

I shoot Glocks now, so I have quite a few, like 20 or more. I load them before a match, and have a pistol bag that holds only magazines. Empties go on one side, and full on the other. With a G17, and a G34, one can never have enough.

Even though the range bag I use for USPSA has a abundance of mag loops, I never use them. I use CED mag pouches instead, including during the match. It keeps the mags clean. I found out the hard way that leaving the mags exposed during a shoot is asking for trouble.

Same here with one additional twist. Full magazines are in the pouch with the bullets oriented to the left. Empty magazines and partially filled magazines are oriented to where the bullets are oriented to the left. Each magazine is numbered on the bottom of the base pad and placed into the pouch in numerical order.

Bill

to and fro the range I put mags in the big pockets of the soft midway pistol case (don't like dealing with Velcro for the individual mag pouches on the other side of the case).

at a match, loaded and ready mags go in the mag slots in my midway range bag, and mags that need topping off or cleaning just get dumped in the central area of the range bag.