Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning

ppierceall

+1 on Ballistol - also I don't' have to worry about getting any on the grips and the wife doesn't get (as) mad at me when some gets on my clothes.

If I'm not going to detail strip but want to get the internals clean I do use the Hornady 1-shot aerosol cleaner/dry-lube.

And for firing the firing pin channel just some 90%+ Isopropyl alcohol.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for the Hoppe

As far as lube I've tried so many. I tried the Mobil one but I noticed my gun was super dirty after a match.

I just switched back to the Brownells lube and I'm going to stick with it. My gun functions great with it and is still clean looking after a match.

Hoppes for inside the barrel. Brake cleaner for everywhere else.

For lube I like kleenbore formula 3 but it's not sold anymore. So I now use mpro7 in the action etc and enos slide glide on the rails and barrel lockup points.

I use WD-40 to clean. I have a parts washer filled with it and have found it to be an excellent cleaner. I do use Hoppes for cleaning shotguns as they seem to have more powder residue to clean than anything else and have found a product called Wipe Out I use on rifle barrels that is simply wonderful.

As for lube, Mobil One for oil needs and Slide Glide for grease.

Competition: 99% isopropyl alcohol. FireClean (has mostly replaced EWL). Combo makes for easy cleanup.

I'm shooting polymer coated bullets, occasionally a bore cleaner, have a couple, no strong opinion.

Eezox for more of a dry lube and long term protection, especially for blued guns.