Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What did you do today to further your 3-Gunning?

Shot the 4th zone of a 30 stage shotgun match...so far have shot 24 stages, 6 more tomorrow and then lots of beer with my English and German friends. Then shoot offs and awards on Saturday. IPSC World Shotgun Championships..it might help with 3-gunning ;)

Nice! Hope your kicking some European butt! I can't wait for the videos to start surfacing.

European butt is too hard for kicking :)

US team only got Standard Ladies victory.

No Americans in the top 10 in any Division. Did well in the teams and categories though. IPSC rules and stages are different than what we shoot in 3Gun. Tougher positions, lots of no shoots and rules that are uncommon to the US shooters. We should be proud of all of the Americans who went and represented us with little to no support except their own sponsors and pocketbooks. Jealous of the opportunity they made for themselves. :cheers:

This says something though:

Standard Junior

1. Kenny, Joshua (GBR)

2. Staskiewicz, Nathan

3. Yackley, Timothy

4. Hampton, Brian

5. Francis, Katie

They were 2-5th. I can see some potential top tens in 3 years time.

Edited by MarkCO

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark I'm pretty sure that Senior Standard Semi Auto is a division and is recognised by the IPSC governing body. That is kind of the feeling I got standing on the podium and getting a trophy and Silver medal for it. Nick Alexicos seemed to think it was as well. And I'm almost certain that Senior Standard Semi Auto teams are recognised as a seperat division from the other team awards. So while in the overalls (which IPSC doesn't do) we were not in the top 10, I am almost sure that we were third in the team division and I was second over all in the division I was scored in which was Senior Standard Semi Auto. Those indeed are "TOP 10" finishes.

To save you the trouble of looking it up I was 44 overall in Standard Semi Auto with the same old shotgun I built for SOF in 1996 with the same old 9 round tube and soldered in LM choke. Unless you were there to see some of the adversity we went through you probably wouldn't understand how proud I am of that finish loading from caddies and with no way to change chokes.

Nope Kurt, 4 Divisions, several categories for groups within the Divisions according to the rulebook. Does not matter.

I watched hundreds of videos and appreciate that the challenges are different than what 3gun shooters are used to. What I said I meant and I for one am impressed by and proud of the US competitors who made their way to the World Shoot. I can only hope that USPSA does better in 3 years.

All this shotgun talk reminded me that I suck with shotguns and I have a match this weekend.

I practiced running dry by shooting one areial clay to a locked bolt, loading 8, and shooting 6 static clays with .25 or better splits.

I did it perfectly clean once out of a 75 shell practice run. I may be inconsistent, but hot damn does hitting a fast clean string of clays feel good.

Over the weekend I shot my first night match doing Starlight 3Gun at Peacemaker, while also shooting the NRA World Shoot during the days. I got exposed to some new shooting disciplines and learning occurred. Yay!

Edited by Moltke

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a mka 1919 match, getting a mid barrel comp on it and 24 round mag. Just solved my being slow at quad loading problem.

Without much practice you will be loading in under 2-1/2 seconds. Lets see the boys with the speed loaders beat that.

I'm hoping I won't have to load very often! Now trying to decide if the factory 5s are enough to carry on me to go with it or if I should get some 10/extensions.

• 4 months later...

Got out to shoot some mid range rifle to make sure my dope was correct. Shot 50-100yds with the rifle canted at 45 and 90 degrees, then from 200-600 from a barricade and prone. Strelok app was found to be spot on with chrono'd velocity and known BC of projectile entered into the app.

Got a little pistol practice in after, from 10-100yards.

Negotiated with my boss to change my position. I agreed to take on more work in the form of doing all the follow up investigations for patrol and I get weekends off so I can start shooting pretty much all the time. Will have to wait to may for the change to take effect on the schedule. Super excited about being able to make more matches without taking annual leave.