Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What did you do today to further your 3-Gunning?

Hand-threw clays to replicate shot presentation from flippers. Threw in groups of 2 and 3. I want to get to 5 with pretty much 100% confidence I can toss them up there with good separation, mount the gun, and get five solid conscious hits.

P90X ab ripper X.

100 push-ups: 45 continuous speed pushups, the rest finished in "normal" speed in 20 rep rounds. I feel like 75 -100 continuous speed pushups is where I want to be in terms of cardiovascular fitness for 3gun.

tonyhorton.jpg

Edited by BitchinCamaro

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I walked a little over a mile. Not much but recovering from back surgery last week. Its a progressive thing.

A mile after back surgery? You sir, are a trooper.

I'm sure you already know, but be positive that you're not pushing yourself too far and fast post-op out of sheer stubbornness. Commit to the baby steps now and you'll be way ahead six weeks or six years from today.

At some point, yes. I have to say, I have been having way too much fun with this. I played with 3d printing comps for a pistol, they worked, but vaporized on the first shot. The comps I have printed for my 12 gauge have actually held together. Version 3.0 is on there now, 3 boxes of 3 dram bird, and 5 hot slugs and it looks fine. It would not work for competition, it would melt eventually, but it works great for proving theories.?. Last one I printed took 16 hours to print.

Waiting impatiently for a tap to arrive. I am going to cut the brake out of aluminum and use a steel sleeve between the barrel and comp. I haven't posted a pic yet. It is my own design. So far seems to work good. Doesn't cut recoil as much as I thought, but it keeps the gun very flat.

Shot the 4th zone of a 30 stage shotgun match...so far have shot 24 stages, 6 more tomorrow and then lots of beer with my English and German friends. Then shoot offs and awards on Saturday. IPSC World Shotgun Championships..it might help with 3-gunning ;)

Shot the 4th zone of a 30 stage shotgun match...so far have shot 24 stages, 6 more tomorrow and then lots of beer with my English and German friends. Then shoot offs and awards on Saturday. IPSC World Shotgun Championships..it might help with 3-gunning ;)

Nice! Hope your kicking some European butt! I can't wait for the videos to start surfacing.

Cleaned, oiled, and dry-fired a little this morning.

Lined out the practice regimen for this weekend with an emphasis on fast pistol on steel, transitions with shotgun, and offhand rifle standing and prone.

Tonight I will begin lining out what I need to pack and take for the next 3 weekend's matches.

Working a match will further your 3 gun skills. Get involved.....

Not necessarily for that particular match, but I agree.

Today I roasted myself trying the OCW method for .223 load development. Lot's of time prone in the sun, very little shooting relative to a "normal" range session.

At least I'm used to the CMC trigger for shooting slow and prone now. Plus, I have a sweet base tan/burn on the back of my neck, ears, ankles, and tramp-stamp.

pa120256__small_.jpg

Nice! Hope your kicking some European butt! I can't wait for the videos to start surfacing.

European butt is too hard for kicking :)

US team only got Standard Ladies victory.

European butt is too hard for kicking :)

US team only got Standard Ladies victory.

Touché !

Not all of them are too tough. I got a silver medal in my division, and the U.S. senior team got Bronze. With that many butts that were for the most part European, I'd say we tenderized quite a few.

350 rounds of shot. 40 buckshot and 40 slugs.