Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What did you do today to further your 3-Gunning?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot a match today. Probably the best thing a person can do to further their 3 gunning. Like yellowfin I had to do some candy-caning, there was a drop turner engaged by a slug but with steel poppers before and after. Good times.

I "exercised" a Coyote with my pistol and shot a bunch of Prairie Dogs with my rifle from field positions. Not an easy task, but they always seem dumber the first nice day after a heavy snow. No prone today, way too muddy!

I'm jealous. Always wanted to go p-dog hunting, even have the guns and ammo set aside, never have made time.

I personally took the weekend off to spend with family. Far too many weekends in a row with matches, including Mother's Day, one of my daughters' birthdays,.... I started taking things too seriously. May be the most productive, non-productive, weekend I've had in awhile!

Brownell ' is out so I went to Cabela's for a Carlson's LM tube for my M3000 that's at MOA. While at Cabela's I also found a Carlson's IC breacher choke in the bargain cave. Verified fit in an M3000 at the gun counter.

"exercised" two Coyotes to sleep, both off hand, one still the other running full out, first contact 30 yards or so, final on the second at 65 paces. Nothing like a brief but intense target transition session :lol: Gotta love ACME ammo!

Hoped USPS can find the package with my shotgun I was sending to MOA. Left Dallas, ended up in Rhode Island on the way to Oregon, supposedly left there on the 20th and hasn't reported in since. Luckily insured !!!

Denise and I spent the last 5 days building stages for the HeMan Nationals...in the bestest 3gun playground around, the NRA Whittington Center! :)

oh, on second look, I see that the question was what I did to further MY 3gunning, sorry, never mind.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Dropped 17lb so far and set up my private range for more efficient practice sessions.......then loaded 800rds of pistol in the last two days.

Well done, dude!

I once broke my femur and gained 20ish lbs during recovery. It's damn amazing what dropping weight does for efficiency of movement.

Tried to get my shooting buddy's guns functional and reliable 4 weeks ahead of the state match. A little foresight now means I might not have to deal with his busted guns on gameday.

Also, I'm doing the Insanity workouts.

Shot a couple of Grouper fish with a speargun, while doing my aquatic snorkeling workout. This is far more fun than fishing, and the next time I go I won't waist time on a fishing boat......and hey it is still shooting right?

I confirmed zero and dope on my rifle out to 500 yards then over the weekend I won the US Carbine Association 2-Gun National Championship Irons Division (which they call "No Magnification Division")

Edited by Moltke

Shot a few (other people’s) guns on the range to verify function and loading after a bit of tuning. Cut and threaded a barrel for a .300 Blackout SBR (for someone else’s gun) then cut a stock and installed a recoil pad (on someone else’s gun) all to fund the game (after the kid’s next tuition bill…)

At lunch I loaded up a Wal~Mart shopping cart up with the good Winchester AA shells to take advantage of the $2 rebate (in hopes that I get to shoot some of them myself).

However I did get a pair of Salomon Speedcross 3 shoes from Cabelas. I heard those are a good substitute for practice…right? :goof: