Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow custom trigger return spring

sandflea

Is a trigger return spring easy to install on a shadow custom? I broke mine dry firing the other day. I don't really feel confident in replacing one unless its easy to do.

Find a good disassembly / assembly video of a Shadow.....get at least 2 springs from Cajun Gun Works and the floating pin ...... I usually have 1 spring for practice / dry fire and then replace it with the one for Competitions only.....usually takes me 15 minutes for the swap and quick clean

Ps. Do the same for the Slide Lock ...you will thank me later

Mj

Don't forget to get a starter punch($7.00) from CGW!!!!!!! don't make the mistake of trying this without a starter punch, a pin punch will not get this pin to moving! you will use a pin punch after you get the pin to move with the starter punch.

Don't forget to get a starter punch($7.00) from CGW!!!!!!! don't make the mistake of trying this without a starter punch, a pin punch will not get this pin to moving! you will use a pin punch after you get the pin to move with the starter punch.

+ 1,000! I broke 4 punches trying to get my CZC new style trigger pin out until I picked up a starter punch at Home Depot. Replaced with CGW floating trigger pin and I'm a happy camper. The design is ingenious.

Smitty, thanks for the video link, I ordered parts from Cajun. Does anyone know if it's the same process for a P09?

All you need for the P-09 is the replacement spring. The P-09 already has a pivot pin similar to the CGW pin for the 75 so it is easy to remove and reinstall. The P-09 spring is the same as the 75 also.

Edited by Joe L

I just made the swap to a floatin trigger pin, and now it seems it's doing just that, floating. The damn thing walks toward the left side of the pistol and I have to push it in every 100 rounds or so.

I'm I unique in this problem? If you've ran into this please let me know, I'm looking for solutions. If I don't hear anything here then I'm calling Cajun on Monday and im sure they will help out.

You don't have enough spring tension, possibly installed the trigger return spring wrong? Here's a picture of my spring in a 75 frame for reference. The pin won't walk out if the spring is in correctly.

i-rtMstKX-M.jpg

Joe

Cool thanks for the info Andrew. I was worried as I haven't been able to shoot long strings to test the walking distance. Do you guys think It would affect anything to put a little red Loctite on the end just to make it stay still?

It is not uncommon for the floating trigger pins to settle further to one side than the other. All of mine do this, up to this point it has not been a problem. The pin walking a bit is part of the "floating" trigger pins design. The TRS should limit its travel and stop it from walking out far enough to fall out.

Edited by Tok36

When we designed the floating pin, we had to make it work with everything, alloy frames, steel frames, stock TRS (wider) and reduced power TRS (narrower). The pin "floats" and finds it's own center. With several thousand of those in use, we have never had a single one "walk" out when installed in the correct model CZ; it simply can't.

Never use Loctite, this will stop it from rotating; the tool steel pins length creates a generous bearing surface area within the pin bore of the frame.

• 2 weeks later...