Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5.11 Tactical Range Ready bag

Clay1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this thread is about the 5.11 bag, but I thought I would show another alternative for those working on a tight budget.

I like the kind that just has pockets on the outside.

This holds all my gear just fine.

Not only can I stand on it (230lbs), I can sit on it during a match too. B)

post-40-1110687510_thumb.jpg

The "Bucket" Idea give me an idea.........(yes it does happen on occasion)..... I think I will put 6-8 of those bucket things out for the next squad I shoot with at a regional level. Kind of a "party favor" thing.......

Now comes the hard part of convincing the squad to "bang on the bucket tops like drums" ( in unison may take a few stages to perfect) as we move from stage to stage, might be fun ;)

Flex, I use the same bucket for ice fishing. Remember that I live in Wisconsin. Nice idea, but to get it to be a really tactical product you need a black bucket man.

Scooter, I actually looked at something like that. The wheels are too small for rough terrain. For sporting clays I have used a golf cart - hand cart - with gun racks and place to hold a bag on the bottom.

With all of these big bags that get heavy we all might want to consider the little folding hand cart like the one sold by the Target Barn. Sorry that I don't know how to post pictures.

Rick

Scooter, I actually looked at something like that. The wheels are too small for rough terrain. For sporting clays I have used a golf cart - hand cart - with gun racks and place to hold a bag on the bottom.

You can put bigger wheels in it. I use one for bigger matches. A place to sit, a umbrella holder (for rain or shade) and a shelf for reloading your mags, and no worrying about weight. For 3 gun you can carry a rifle and shotgun on either side.

The Shooters Connection bag is worth the extra $$$.

Yes, everyone that I know who owns one of the Shooter's Connection bags loves it and says it is very much worth every penny. Maybe oneday I will have to buy one.

Thanks for the tips on the larger wheels. I was one of first guys to use a hand golf cart in sporting clays 11 years ago. They looked at me funny then. I was a gamer way back then; I realized that everyone else was carrying all of that weight and toward the end of the day on the range I could feel it's effect on me. I reasoned that if I wasn't as tired as the next guy, I would be able to shoot better than someone with my same ability that was all worn out.

Okay, I'm confused. Unless you want to sit or stand on it, what difference does it make how many pounds the bag can hold up empty? I just don't get it.... :blink:

I have an old sea bag that will hold more than I can carry, it's tough as nails, and has lasted for years but it won't hold up a pound. I can stand or sit on it but it only keeps me this far | | off the ground. ;)

Dale, Dale, Dale,

The stunt, and I agree it is a stunt, is done to show how well made it is not to see if you can stand or sit on it. I absolutely hate a bag that falls in on itself. You have to constantly fight it while trying to get stuff in and out of it. I prefer a bag that stands on its own.

I do appreciate the effort and pics I asked for.

As far as warranty i dont really have a formal warranty where you have to save your receipt and count the days, then find out all the reasons it isnt covered. I change the design slightly each time I produce a batch. This way I know how old the bag is. I take each problem as it comes. Since the problems with the first batch were worked out several years ago there have been virutally no problems. Less than 10, and most were user abuse but I took care of them. Not bad with several thousand sold. I have been kicking around a 5 year pro-rated warranty but things are going so smooth right now with so little problems I dont really see the need. After all the warranty for a product is only as good as those behind it in the first place. What do you guys think of a pro-rated warranty for an item like this?

And what would that be? There is no warranty on my 1050. Electronics is 1 year. They started charging for broken parts. Cant find warranty on their bag. In fact the web page and catalog had only black bags and no warranty I could find. I realize the no BS warranty image sticks with them since it was that way 10 years ago. I think it still applies to presses except the 1050.

I love that bucket! But I can't be tactical with a bucket. I have to have a bag that says its tactical in at least two separate places!

Jon

It's easy to make it tactical.

Spray paint it black and add velcro.

I use a kitty litter bucket myself, well a "tactical" kitty litter bucket. :)

Ted

Just to add my two cents worth to this topic. I have discovered a relatively new player in the market of range bags and accessories

The name of the product is iSHOT.

I have recently purchased a tactical bag from them for my AR15 and absolutely love it. I have yet to run across a bag with so much attention to detail and quality. I was so impressed with this rifle case i ordered one of their range bags to switch over to for this season. I highly reccommend this line of products to anyone considering purchasing a new rangebag or other accessory they offer to tote back and forth to the range / match.

You can find them at www.mle-shootingsports.com

which by the way happen to be listed in the paid dealers forum section

And what would that be? There is no warranty on my 1050. Electronics is 1 year. They started charging for broken parts. Cant find warranty on their bag. In fact the web page and catalog had only black bags and no warranty I could find. I realize the no BS warranty image sticks with them since it was that way 10 years ago. I think it still applies to presses except the 1050.

And I still get free parts for my Dillon 1050 :) got to love them folks.

I got my 5.11 bag last week and it is pretty much everything I could ask for in a bag. The adjustable w/ velcro dividers in the middle of the bag lets you customize them so there's absolutely no wasted space.

It's big but not unwieldly and it holds everything I need to hit the range. The large plastic bin from Storables that was holding my stapler, 'open' paster, timer, black and white tape, candy bars, Kirsch's book, steel plates, etc., stays at home now.

My g/f just inherited my I-shot pro bag. The rigid sides of the 5.11 make a big difference to me, at least.

Used mine for the first time yesterday at an USPSA match. It held everything that I needed and all my wife's equipment too. (She didn't shoot, but having back ups of everything was cool) The bag is bigger than I am use to, but it still wasn't too big to carry. :huh: At the end of the match I came home to the garage and looked at my kids wagon in a way that I have never seen it before though.

Love the mag pouches instead of digging at the bottom of the bag for things. The way it was laid out I didn't have to dig under something to get something on the bottom either. The removable inner bag with 2 pistols was just what the doctor ordered. Even used the water bottle holder and drank while others just looked thirsty.

Great product couldn't give it a higher recomendation. Ask me in two or three years how's it doing and I will have a better understanding of the valve of the bag.

• 2 years later...
Great product couldn't give it a higher recomendation. Ask me in two or three years how's it doing and I will have a better understanding of the valve of the bag.

Are you still using this bag? Has it held up?