Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no Major in Production?

DavidMarlow

It seems odd that USPSA would even entertain the idea of a Production Optics division to accomodate slide-mounted RDS when they are still such a small segment of the firearms industry,

USPSA didn't really entertain Production Optics. The USPSA Board covered it in meeting...shooting it down and put out the message that they didn't want to mess around with Production division in the slightest.

Because the word "production" is in the title.

I always laughed at the DON'T mess with production argument concerning Production Optics.

I now understand I never should have used that particular terminology. People immediately cried and whined about their Beloved Production Division changing and how the sky was falling.

The term Production Optics has the power to completely shut down normal brain activity. No one that wants Production Optics should use that terminology.

Henceforth we should say, Minor Optic division. Not related at all to Production. Not even close.

I always laughed at the DON'T mess with production argument concerning Production Optics.

I now understand I never should have used that particular terminology. People immediately cried and whined about their Beloved Production Division changing and how the sky was falling.

The term Production Optics has the power to completely shut down normal brain activity. No one that wants Production Optics should use that terminology.

Henceforth we should say, Minor Optic division. Not related at all to Production. Not even close.

WOW! You're right Chris it works!! I can't understand people wanting Production optics but I am all for minor optic division! :)

OOPS! Edited to add the obligatory smiley face so nobody starts emailing me death threats again!

Edited by Sarge

WOW! You're right Chris it works!! I can't understand people wanting Production optics but I am all for minor optic division! :)

OOPS! Edited to add the obligatory smiley face so nobody starts emailing me death threats again!

I knew you'd come around! Hahaha

Production as is. Not intimidating to get into; competitive low cost options for guns, ammo, and Equipment; and lots of competition. I started in Production 12 years ago and have never experienced a strong motivation to seriously gear update to shoot any other division.

The BOD that voted it down got it...whatever it was called. I am pretty sure the Prez and I (and others?) referred to it as Open minor...Open-10 minor...or some version there of...

The future will prove you made the wrong decision, it will happen at some point

I shoot ".45 Minor" in production. I started in the sport shooting L-10 because it was where my .45 M&P fit... But Production is where the competition is in my area so l learned to load minor and it ran my M&P stock. 4.3 BE + 180 RNFP = 735 FPS. Bigger bullet probably helps touch a scoring line from time to time too.... I like minor scoring-requires a high level of accuracy to be competive and with eveyone doing it - you have to get your A's.

Edited by nwhpfan

The BOD that voted it down got it...whatever it was called. I am pretty sure the Prez and I (and others?) referred to it as Open minor...Open-10 minor...or some version there of...

The future will prove you made the wrong decision, it will happen at some point

I think the future will prove they made the right decision for now, but I think eventually there will be sufficient interest and participation to make it a worthwhile idea.

I hope to see some folks shooting slide-mounted optics in our wed night steel matches this year. I'd be interested to try one.

• 3 weeks later...