Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's Official: Compact Carry Pistol (CCP) Division

bigdawgbeav

Truly I say unto you, the workings of the minds of the Tiger Teams are not to be comprehended by mere mortals.

Not only do we have a CCP Division, as previously announced, and a merged Revolver Division as expected, we also get BUG as a main match Division. That is six nominal Divisions, with two of them subdivided into Speedloader and Clip; BUG Auto and BUG Revolver. Eight different guns.

Seems they could as easily have gone ahead with Carry Optics to accommodate the latest fad innovation. If it caught on, they would be riding the wave; if not, it would just be a piece of fly over verbiage in the rules.

Oh, and now we have three Boxes, regular, CCP, and BUG.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I can have a fully custom gun in ESP with a metal grip but I can't change an STI gun grip from plastic to metal.

8.2.2.2.2. Grips may be changed provided they do not weigh more than 2.00 oz/56.7 grams more than the factory standard weight for that model.

So I can have a fully custom gun in ESP with a metal grip but I can't change an STI gun grip from plastic to metal.

8.2.2.2.2. Grips may be changed provided they do not weigh more than 2.00 oz/56.7 grams more than the factory standard weight for that model.

The aluminum grip qualifies. The steal grip would probably put you over the weight limit anyways.

And of course everything could change.

"Please keep in mind that CCP is a provisional division. Once we have collected sufficient data on times and challenges, which may take 2 or more years, we may update equipment, classifier times or shooting rules for this division."

My SIG Officers 1911 weighs in at 29.4oz with the factory magwell, base pads and g10 grips. It's 7+1 with the factory mags. That gun is not ideal for either BUG or CCP but could be a lot of fun in either. Dropping a half ounce should be pretty easy to run in BUG and I'm not sure there is a real disadvantage to being one round down for CCP.

I wonder if I can make it run with light 185gr bullets?

I think the SIG P320 Compact measures 1.40" at it's widest point on the grip so (unless I am getting the specs wrong) you would have to thin the stock grips by .025 to get it to be CCP legal.

Not really sure why they felt the need to make the box more shallow.

Edit: is there still a 1/16" variation allowance? Maybe it could make it in without modification considering that?

Edited by alma

IDPA just super sizes all the divisions from what real world CCW users would think a term like BUG or Compact Carry Pistol would mean.

If it was not for the 3-inch barrel length rule a standard 4-inch Model 10 Heavy barrel would nearly be legal in BUG-revolver. It's 2 oz under the weight limit but an 1/8 longer than the Bug Box. I wouldn't even consider a Model 10 a Compact Carry Pistol let alone a BUG.

I can get two loaded S&W 442s in the freaking BUG box and still be under the weight limit for BUG by 3oz. I think I should be allowed to duel wield 442s in the division because of this sillyness!

And CCP with its 4.1 inch barrel length, Many Duty size semi-autos have roughly 4 inch barrel length. That is not compact. The original HS-2000 or XD service size will be legal in CCP despite a full size frame.

EGADS!!!!!.....

Calipers set at 34.9mm + Sig Sauer P320C 9mm with Medium grip size, looks like it's good to me.

Need a new box to be sure. Maybe my buddy who owns a major machine shop can accurately tell me max width.

Just got shipping notice that Large and Small Full Size P320 grips are shipping to me..

BTW, the subcompact P320 barrel is 3.6" and would fit in BUG rules. You could even put the subcompact slide on a compact grip sleeve and use the 15 rd size magazines I would guess

1.2.6.1 of new rule book indicates his tolerances of -0" to +1/16".

Not having been to a major anything, at a high tier match would a tolerance of +/- 0" be the official box and would that 1mm throw my gun out if I had been counting on that extra 1/16"?

Calipers set at 34.9mm + Sig Sauer P320C 9mm with Medium grip size, looks like it's good to me.

Need a new box to be sure. Maybe my buddy who owns a major machine shop can accurately tell me max width.

Just got shipping notice that Large and Small Full Size P320 grips are shipping to me..

BTW, the subcompact P320 barrel is 3.6" and would fit in BUG rules. You could even put the subcompact slide on a compact grip sleeve and use the 15 rd size magazines I would guess

I literally did the exact same thing about 5minutes ago! P320 FTW!!!

My CZ tuned CZ compact would be perfect except that I am left handed and with the ambi safeties I installed it is going to be too wide. Bummer and discriminatory for us lefties.

It looks like a division for 4" striker fired guns or 4" bull barrel 1911s. My 9mm eco with wilson BP ambi tactical safeties that I shoot in BUG measures narrow enough to remain a viable BUG and a 4" 1911 with the same safeties sounds like a great CCP gun.

My vote for the CCP Gamer Gun:

Just to be sure, I put 1/4" plywood on the bottom of the an IDPA box. It fits (width-wise) with more than 1/16" to spare when the lid is closed.

IMG_1628.jpg