Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

True or False: Gen 4 Glock is more accurate than Gen 3

Cy Soto

Probably old news but inquiring minds want to know.

Internet rumors claim that the Gen 4 Glock pistol is more accurate than the Gen 3 because the locking block fits tighter into the frame.

Can anyone here deny or confirm this rumor?

Never seen ANY side by side ransom testing done so for the most part ( it can change Gun to Gun ) much like rifles do even the same brand, barrel and model. For now Accuracy is in the EYE of the owner ;)

I think it's the lockup.. The Gen 4's lock up tighter. I have had a few that have a lot of play in the barrel. I went to a place and had them bring out 3 Glock 34 Gen 4's and 2 of them had a lot of slop in them and 1 was super tight, almost like when you put a KKM in them.

And is this really because of the locking block? I thought both the Gen 3 & Gen 4 used the same block.

I'm not entirely sure. But I know for me, I much rather the Gen 4's smaller and more textured grip. I feel that I get better purchase on it, which may be affecting my accuracy over the Gen 3.

I think it's the lockup.. The Gen 4's lock up tighter. I have had a few that have a lot of play in the barrel. I went to a place and had them bring out 3 Glock 34 Gen 4's and 2 of them had a lot of slop in them and 1 was super tight, almost like when you put a KKM in them.

We have a Winner!

JBP55; Gen 4 is just your flavor of the month for NOW you'll buy another LOL; "WE'VE ALL" been waiting to here back on; Whats the (final winner) in all those triggers sent in to a manufacture for testing, AND THE WINNER IS ?

JBP55; Gen 4 is just your flavor of the month for NOW you'll buy another LOL; "WE'VE ALL" been waiting to here back on; Whats the (final winner) in all those triggers sent in to a manufacture for testing, AND THE WINNER IS ?

They are all still at LWD being evaluated but I expect to have them back soon.

I think this depends entirely on the individual gun. I have a 2-pin Gen3 G17 that I shoot very well (lots of other Glocks, and am a GSSF master class shooter). I bought a Gen4 G17 a couple of years ago, and it wouldn't group worth a damn. Didn't matter if it was any of my various reloads or several factory ammo types. I got rid of it in frustration.

My Gen4 G19 and G35 are much more accurate than my Gen3 G19 and Gen3 G17. The lockup on them is much tighter, as others have mentioned. With the slide in battery, I can slightly move the Gen3 barrels by pressing on the barrel hood. I cannot see any visible movement in the gen4 guns when pressing on the hoods. I have shot several 5 shot bench rested groups with my gen4 G19 that are around 1.6-2.1" at 25 yds. I am lucky to keep the group around 3" on my gen3 G19.

Calling out an internet shooter !!!

The endless chatter about all the barrels that are better than Glock barrels, all the "lockup" stuff, 25 yard groups with 20 bullets through a single hole, multicolored guns with all kinds of web removal designs, grip reductions, grip roughness, magwells, triggers that you have to send somewhere for evaluation,and on and on. Don't you expect that Glock, S&W, Springfield, etc. could make these "show" guns if they were better. Ever see a SWAT team or Navy Seal with a gun in shades of pink with half the slide cut away?

Do you know of any FBI models with aftermarket barrels? I don't see how these guys learn to shoot such lousy guns. Do you?

Maybe I'm just an old crab, but maybe I'm right. There are two groups...those who shoot guns and those who want to look cool and talk a good game. Buy some ammunition and practice more. Then people may notice that you can actually shoot with some ability. Blinging up the gun won't get it done except in a group of teenage girls.

ha ha ha LOL: :roflol: I'll agree with you Brooke on most of this, Most here consider this (Gun Gaming) and that's what it IS. Some like glit, some performance put the 2 together and you have this Forum

All I can say is I have a factory barrel in my Gen 3 that has "slop" and does not lock up that great,...Glock says "it's within allowable combat tolerance 6-8" group @ 25 yards". A different factory barrel (in the same gun) took the group size from the "allowable" 6" to 3 "inches...Moving the loose barrel to a entirely different Gen3 the groups opened up to the similar 6" spread. all still factory. The spread followed the factory barrel.

With KKM barrels in Gen 3 & Gen 4 pistols I see no difference gen-gen rested.

I am more consistent off hand shooting with my Gen4,..however I feel it is just because the backstrap with the beaver tail I have a more consistent grip.

It's Just what I have noticed.

Almost.

It has a slightly different connector (the "." {dot} connector) than the standard connector, and a trigger mechanism housing with a slight degree of tilt.

The trigger bars are almost identical except for a raised bump on the side of the striker safety arm that is supposed to keep the trigger bar more centered under the safety plunger.

I actually prefer the dot connector to the highly regarded "-" connector. It adds maybe 3/4# to the trigger pull weight but I like the very positive reset feel it provides.

I've removed several minus connectors in my guns and replaced them with the dot.

YMMV...

Almost.

It has a slightly different connector (the "." {dot} connector) than the standard connector, and a trigger mechanism housing with a slight degree of tilt.

The trigger bars are almost identical except for a raised bump on the side of the striker safety arm that is supposed to keep the trigger bar more centered under the safety plunger.

Yeah...Gen4 actually don't come stock with any common parts with earlier Gens as far as trigger bar, trigger housing, and connector are concerned. There's also the "new to Gen4" bend in the portion of the trigger bar that the trigger spring hooks onto. You can swap Gen3 parts (trigger bar, - or other connector) into a Gen4. I tried that while trying to figure out why I couldn't shoot my Gen4 17. I did much prefer the Gen4 grip texture...so I may try again with the 17. I have a Gen4 26 that's a keeper.

Fitted aftermarket barrels in a Glock, or any platform, will produce tighter groups, escpecially with tuned loads. However, if the shooter has not mastered the fundamentals of stance, grip, sight picture and trigger, it won't really matter if they are running a $5,000 Open STI or a HiPoint. Glocks really don't care which lower you put them on, a tighly fitted upper is what counts.

Real Glock, or Blinged Glock, it still won't matter if you don't know how to shoot.... This old G19, even after the fire, still shoots a tight group.

image33267.jpg