Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP01 TS SHADOW LS 40

alma

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been wanting a CTS LS-P since I seen it in a magazine. I think CZ needs to settle on the best combo and make 2000. I would like to see some factory slide lightening, like a Glock 34 or a High Power. The full length frame might be a little too heavy with the longer slide, maybe shorten the SP01 frame .750".

Edited by z40acp

I seen this a couple of nights ago but I'm new to the CZ world so I didn't realize what I was looking at. So what would this be legal in right now? Limited, Limited 10, what else?

Those and Open. It could be Production legal once they make another 1,999 and submit it to DNROI.

I built the same thing in 9mm but decided against it. You can't play IDPA with the SP01 frame and you can only play in Limited in USPSA. The magazine capacity is smaller than the Glock, STI/2011, CZ tactical sport, and the Witnesses. Although it is an awesome gun, it is limited in what it can be used for.

I built the same thing in 9mm but decided against it. You can't play IDPA with the SP01 frame and you can only play in Limited in USPSA. The magazine capacity is smaller than the Glock, STI/2011, CZ tactical sport, and the Witnesses. Although it is an awesome gun, it is limited in what it can be used for.

Why can't you use an SP01 frame in IDPA?

You can't slap a CTS/TS slide on an SP01 frame for IDPA. There is a bunch of stupid IDPA regulations that concern the SP01, but the bottom line is that it has to meet SSP requirements in order to play ESP. Adding the longslide will prevent it from meeting the SSP requirements.

You can slap it onto a SA frame and play in ESP with no issues. It will fit in the box with the 10 or 16 round mags.

As awesome as a CTS/TS slide on an SP01 frame is, it is stuck to playing in limited since it won't meet Production class rules either.

As far as velocity goes, it adds less than 15 fps over the Australian Shadow barrel.

Dustcover is too long. Can only be 3.5" from slidestop hole to front of gun

Edited by eerw

Dustcover is too long. Can only be 3.5" from slidestop hole to front of gun

What about the frame from the Combat II?

I can not find this TS SP-01 in 9mm just the 40 on czcustom.

I am serious about getting a shadow target. Have one on lay away. Plan to shoot production then limited down the line. I can not afford multiple guns, should I wait? Or just get the shadow target now and later put a TS slide on, and also get a 40 for limited?

My biggest hang up about the current TS is the size. It just does not fit my hands. Shadow target is a perfect fit.

Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Plan to shoot production then limited down the line. I can not afford multiple guns, should I wait? Or just get the shadow target now and later put a TS slide on

I'm confused, if money is an issue, why are you getting a Shadow Target? A tuned SP01 will make you pretty happy for a third the cost. Getting a TS slide fit to a Shadow is not a cheap operation either. Besides, if you fit a 40 top end to a Shadow you'll only get 15 rnds max of .40 in a 140mm mag.

If the TS grip is too large, I suggest an EAA Limited, the grip size is more in line with the small frame CZs, plus you can get a Limited and an SP01 for the cost of a Shadow Target.

Will it work on my P01 frame?

Not serious, just wondering

I suspect the P01 dust cover is not long enough to cover the recoil system of the TS slide.

I am not sure about the fitment with the dustcover on the P01 but I know for certain that the firing pin block lifter will prevent me form sliding the CTS frame on. I don't feel like messing with a decocker sear cage unless I have to. ;)

Edited by himurax13