Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Case lube

For what it's worth, I was able to find 99% isopropyl alcohol at Safeway in the pharmacy section. Seems odd they would have it, but Walgreens wouldn't. $2.99 for 16 oz. the only place around here that had liquid lanolin was a vitamin/supplement store called super supplements. $8.99 for 4 oz. I was glad to find it as it saved the hassle of ordering from Amazon.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But really, from what I am reading denatured alcohol is just as good? You can get that by the gallon at lowe's without all the hassle.

Also, I went to two health food organic blah blah stores and neither of them had lanolin and both asked me why I came there looking for it?!?

But that's not the best part of this whole thing. I went to walmart and a gal with a lab coat on that said PHARMACIST ASKED ME WHAT LANOLIN IS! Not what I wanted it for but what is lanolin. That's enough to make me leery of ever filling a scrip there

OK why can't anything be simple? I found alcohol at a local pharmacy and it says, " not less than 99% anhydrous USP".

Is that 99% percent Isopropyl alcohol??

That's the good stuff. Anhydrous. No water. Perfect. The lanolin will be difficult to dissolve in reg isopropyl alcohol because it has too much water. I think it's only 70%.

Sarge:

Idk what part of Ohio you're from but try calling one of these places.

http://www.organicstorelocator.com/all-ohio.html

HAHA!!!! The first one I called said "liquid what? I don't know what that is but we don't carry any parts!"

I think we can stop recommending health food stores now........

I've never tried to buy lanolin, but I've heard on the Internet that you can find it in a health food store. So I will continue to perpetuate that rumor Sarge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)

It is so much easier to just call Dillon... :)

+1. +2. +3. Amen. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

-1. -2. -3 Much more enjoyable to make your own. Like all things in this hobby of ours. And like many things, it is better than the factory stuff...just sayin'

Sarge, keep an eye on your mail. The Jewish Santa is sending you your very own bottle of home brew. The elves are mixing it up now.....Make your brass slickr' than 2 eels bumping ugly in a barrel of snot... HO HO HO!!!

Sarge:

Idk what part of Ohio you're from but try calling one of these places.

http://www.organicstorelocator.com/all-ohio.html

HAHA!!!! The first one I called said "liquid what? I don't know what that is but we don't carry any parts!"

I think we can stop recommending health food stores now........

Don't laugh... ok, laugh... Call a pharmacy and ask for... I shit you not... "Nipple butter."

It took me about 30 seconds to order the lanolin and alcohol via Amazon, two days later it was on my doorstep and it took a few minutes to mix it up. Lasts a long time and works great.

Yep, ordered the lanolin yesterday so it will be here Monday probably. I found the alcohol locally.

What's the ratio I am looking for to match the Dillon performance?

All this stuff seems way to complicated and a time waster. I'll just get the Dillon and have more time for reloading or shooting.

It's the middle of winter/off season for me. If I don't tinker for the next few months I have NOTHING to do.

All this stuff seems way to complicated and a time waster. I'll just get the Dillon and have more time for reloading or shooting.

It's only a waste of time if you think it's a waste of time. Many of us enjoy finding creative ways to make our shooting and reloading easier.

It takes about 30 seconds to purchase the two components on Amazon and probably another few minutes to make up a batch (assuming you have a suitable spray bottle which I did).

You likely spent more time reading and responding to this thread in comparison.