Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Bullet Weights in CZs

ES13Raven

I prefer the 147s because I had 9k of them. They work in the gun and is very accurate. I don't feel the need to develop a new load when this recipe works.

Edit: This is for my production gun. When I try and develop a load for my Czechmate. I will focus on using 125s

Edited by MRevolutionIX

I load for an AccuShadow shooting minor in production. I'm going to go a bit against the grain. I like the 124/125 grain bullets. I've tried both blue bullets and berry's plated. Accuracy is a push, the plated take a tenth of so more powder but are marginally less mess to deal with loading.

The 147s use less powder, but cost more. I couldn't tell much if any difference in accuracy or handling.

YMMV, and I'm in the minority I think shooting the 124/125, but it works for me.

When I shot 9mm I shot 147gr because 115s and 124s did not have enough umph to clean pins or knock down steel quickly. I now shoot 40S&W for both Minor and Major and I prefer 180gr. So count me in the heavy bullet crowd.

Been shooting 147's but wanted to try the 135 train one time so I can say I tried it atleast.. after hit batch of 4k 135's I will make my final decision between 124, 135 and 147's.. as of right now its the 147's till I give these 135's an honest go.

124's because......a 124 over 4gr of Titegroup will work in any 9mm in the world. (and they're cheaper than 147's)

Recoil? It's a 9mm with a 133 PF, in a 43oz gun....it doesn't recoil.

Edited by pmt

124's because......a 124 over 4gr of Titegroup will work in any 9mm in the world. (and they're cheaper than 147's)

Recoil? It's a 9mm with a 133 PF, in a 43oz gun....it doesn't recoil.

+1 In my Shadow I shoot Berry 124 HBRN-TP over 4gr of Titegroup. I compared that to Berry 147RN over 3.3gr of Titegroup. I cannot feel a difference. Accuracy was better with the 124s but not by much. Key to recoil control is grip strength. I use captains of crush for strength training.

I recently tried 125Gr Blue Bullets using Titegroup. I had to load much shorter 1.110 vs 1.132. The Berry's where more accurate.

I read a quote from Angus that CZ's seem to prefer 124's, this was prior to the shadow craze, when there were fewer guys all shooting 75B's

souped up by him or Matt. It may have had something to do with the longer bullets and tendency to need to load them short. He also said 1.09 was his magic number