Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Quest for the Sub 3 El Prez

Jake Di Vita

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just need to grab like 3000 rounds....

Get a new barrel on the way from Chuck for post-effort install, too... :lol:

I ran the timer for a lot of the Jake's runs this last Saturday. All the "segments" are there for him to break hit 3.00 seconds. B)

3.02 Second El Prez by THE Jake Di Vita

I knew Jake wouldn't want to keep all of you folks I just put it up on his site... yes it was equally impressive in person ( i was behind one of the cameras.

As for video quality. Thanks to Jack C. for the use of the Sony video camera it worked great and will be used for most of my, jake and jacks match videos this season.

I will post another video from the opposite vantage point if it turns out.

Awesome shooting Jake just a matter of time bro.

Wow.. my freeze frame says something like

0.85 turn-n-draw

.15 split

.17 transition

.13 split

.15 transition

.12 split

.76 reload (looks like the 'M')

.14 split

.17 transition

.12 split

.16 transition

.10 split

Uh....hmm....well all that other stuff was before Jake was shooting one of our guns. ;)

I tried to run the video in slow motion and got a .85 draw, .76 reload. I couldnt even read the transitions & splits. It was fast and yep I think he may just do it. He is one of the fastest shooters I have seen. His motor skills are like lightning.

Uh....hmm....well all that other stuff was before Jake was shooting one of our guns. ;)

First he's a naysayer, and now he's a fargin' sales rep... :lol: Jake, you should be getting sponsorship money from Chuck for this... :D

Glad you've come around to being a believer, Chuck :)

If I hadnt seen it on video I still wouldnt believe it. Now I can see how HE can do it. I saw him shoot a stage at Area 5 and he is just fast, really fast. I really look for him to pull out some big wins this year. He has the speed now to master the mental part of the game and there is no stopping him.

he's 1/2 way through it at 1.57...faster than the 1st shot for a bunch of people (and that likely includes me). incredible...

it's interesting that the splits get faster (T3 faster than T2, T2 faster than T1) each time through. i've noticed the same thing in my shooting. i can occasionally hammer a .12 or .13 split, but it's almost never on the 1st target in a group.

Damn fast. The question is WHEN (not IF) Jake breaks the 3 seconds line, can we then take El-Prez out of the book? That classifier has stoped being meaningfull a long time ago simply because its curve does not match the actual performance of shooters or the curves of other classifiers.

Jake, I'm the last one in the world who wants to rain on a smokin run such as that one BUT.............

The 99-11 El Presidente stage procedure states:

"Standing in Box A, back to targets, toes of both feet against rear of fault line of Box A, both wrists above respective shoulders. Handgun is loaded and holstered as per ready condition in

rule 8.1.1 and 8.1.2."

If I were R.O.ing that run I would make you raise those wrists a little. ;)

MAN that's fast!!!!!

I said a long time ago you could do it!!! I'm a believer!!

Great going so far, and it is just a matter of time, a matter of a short period of time now, cuz you're close dude!!!

Keep up the good work

I wonder if there might be some negative side effects from this "quest". Sauls new book warns about the effects of practicing bad habits...mainly not getting good hits on targets. His point being that if you allow your subconscious to accept any hit...thats what it will eventually provide....any hit rather than A-zone hits.

While Steve/Jake are accepting any hit on the target...I wonder if this "acceptance" of non A-Zone hits will eventually cross over into their everyday shooting. According to Saul...it does.