Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tricked out CZs

rbebeau

I'm looking to switch off my Beretta 92, just don't like the ergonomics. Been seeing more and more people at the club with CZs, so I'm looking into one.

My question is which one! Sp01 Shadow, Shadow custom 14, Accu Shadow???

I will probably use it mostly for USPSA production.

Also who does good work on them, iv seen CZ custom and Cajun Gun works on the threads. Any one have thoughts on Akai (I live in FL)?

And where should I buy it from? Get it from one of these guys directly, or buy it local and then have the work done after a few months (when the bank account can handle it again :-) ).

Without question CZ Custom. Angus and the guys have done more work on the CZ platform than anyone else by a wide margin. I have 2 CZ SP01 Shadow Target Custom with STRS and the 85 trigger with a competition trigger. I have also purchased the Accu upper and have ordered New AccuShadow with identical set up to my SP01. I also shoot Production in USPSA. I say all this because I would not put this much money into a single platform if it did not perform!

Lol we all have are favorites it seems. Mine is David at CGW he's changing the game with his new parts.

Nothing against the other guys but the quality of the parts themselfs that come from CGW are as good as it gets.

I would say call up AA,CZC,and CGW and tell them what you want done and get a price quote and go with who ever is cheaper as they all do great work.

Shoot as many CZs as you can get your hands on. Figure out which ones had certain modifications that you like. I recently had a chance to compare two SP-01 Shadows a friend of mine has before ordering one for myself. One had the pre-B disco installed by CZC, the other one same in all respects except for the short reset.

I found there to be quite a difference between the two. The one with the short reset shot better for me than the one without during some drills on the clock.

Not knowing very much about CZs, other than I want one, I ordered one from CZC that was exactly setup like my friend's.

I was very unfamiliar with CZ's myself and I shot a friends CZC SP01 all tricked out. The next day I called Stuart at CZ Custom and spent about 40 minutes on the phone with him. The gun is awesome. I'd love to compare SP01's from the other guys just to see. Good luck with who ever you go with. I'm sure you won't be disapointed.

Lol we all have are favorites it seems. Mine is David at CGW he's changing the game with his new parts.

Nothing against the other guys but the quality of the parts themselfs that come from CGW are as good as it gets.

I would say call up AA,CZC,and CGW and tell them what you want done and get a price quote and go with who ever is cheaper as they all do great work.

I second this. Everyone mentioned so far does great work but David takes it to the next level with the parts he has designed that are of superior quality compared to OEM. Plus they are legal :devil:

I would highly recommend CZ Custom. I just received a email from them telling me they put my 75 shadow in the mail this afternoon. I ordered it 14 days ago ,talked to Rob there and had SRT trigger, new hammer and polish all internals for a hopefully wonderful trigger. I have never ordered a thing from them previously and all I can say a wonderful turn around time. Top notch people! Thanks to all on this forum that recommended CZ Custom..And no I am not a paid actor or paid company spokesman.. although I am open to offers… heheheheheh

If I didn't already have a real nice Automatic Accuracy tweaked CZ85, I would probably figure out how to get my boss to send me to Phoenix on business so I could swing through CZC and get an SP-01 Shadow build just the way I want . CGW and AA also have great reps. Phoenix is closer. :D

CZC is great. CGW parts themselves are amazing and David knows the 75 pistols. ** David's 'race hammer' isn't production legal.** Otherwise his parts and service are outstanding.

Both will walk you through what you want and how to get it without rushing you at all.

Right, you can't simply say "CGW's parts are legal". All the shops have production legal and illegal parts.

CZC and CGW are the two big ones. Both can get your trigger lighter than you want it. One difference is that CZC has an option for an "over-sized" disconnector they can install that has to be hand-fit. This will give the shortest reset possible, shorter than what you can get from CGW or AA. That is probably the only concrete advantage I could give to any of them over the others. For everything else, your going to get stellar parts and service from either of the two big ones. And people love AA, as well. I buy parts from CZC and CGW and do my own work.

CZ SP-01 Shadow

SRT

Extended firing pin

Extended mag release

Fixed rear competition sight

Personal preference for grips

You can spend the extra money for a target or Accu model but unless you are already an accomplished bullseye shooter you won't get much value out of that in USPSA. The Shadow is probably mechanically more accurate than you are out of the box. Way more than good enough as is for USPSA ...

As for who? I bought my Shadow from CZ Custom, had AA do sight work and have CGW parts in the gun ...

You will be happy with any of them ...

Edited by Nimitz

One difference is that CZC has an option for an "over-sized" disconnector they can install that has to be hand-fit. This will give the shortest reset possible, shorter than what you can get from CGW or AA. That is probably the only concrete advantage I could give to any of them over the others.

Actually cgw offers an oversize gunsmith fit disco. I didn't know czc did. Maybe you have it backwards? Either way cgw definitely offer an oversize disco for "short as you want it" reset. Edited by BeerBaron

So today I picked up my 75 Shadow from CZ Custom. The FFL I had just so happens to have a indoor range too! And yes I brought bullets.. The sheet supped with the gun "target" was grouped the size of a half dollar, The trigger pul DA was 8 lbs and the SA 3 lbs and the reset OMG so short. My first CZ. Loaded a bunch of 124 gr with VV 320 at 1.10 oal, and darn there is a match tomorrow. Good times

And yes the Glock 34was shedding a tear

Edited by lstone

I just bought an accushadow recently that was from CZC and it was well worth the money, and like someone else said, it is pretty much just plug and play everything that you would want to do to a shadow has already been done. I would like to smooth out the double action a little but other than that it is an excellent gun right out of the box.