Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Becoming a trigger snob

aandabooks

Used to be when I shot mainly shotguns for hunting and plinking around with rifles that any trigger was just fine. Now that I've run some guns with better triggers I can't stand a heavy trigger.

It all started when I tried another competitors XDM with a PRP trigger. Next day I was ordering a trigger. Then both AR's (1 of them a .22) got drop in 3.5lb triggers. Now the revolvers all get work done to bring down the DA pulls.

With the money I've spent on triggers this past year, I could have bought at least one more $1000 gun. Should have never gotten started.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My CZ Shadow has a 4lbs DA and 1lbs 12oz SA and silky smooth. CZC and CGW both had a hand in the trigger. Actually scares people when they dry fire it. Nothing to be afraid of with proper technique and safe handling. Plus with the the long DA CZs are know for. The weight of the DA is not an issue. Just makes it easier to make a clean shot. At first I was much worse on the new trigger. I was using to much force and was jerking the trigger like crazy.

My Shadow has also made me a trigger snob.

My CZ Shadow has a 4lbs DA and 1lbs 12oz SA and silky smooth. CZC and CGW both had a hand in the trigger. Actually scares people when they dry fire it. Nothing to be afraid of with proper technique and safe handling. Plus with the the long DA CZs are know for. The weight of the DA is not an issue. Just makes it easier to make a clean shot. At first I was much worse on the new trigger. I was using to much force and was jerking the trigger like crazy.

What mainspring are you using?

What mainspring are you using?

8.5lbs

My new stock cz ts has a 1lb 10oz great feeling trigger. Best I've felt and don't see a need to change it at all. Not looking forward to shooting my other guns now (ar, shotgun) they won't compare.

I really like the CMC flat trigger on my AR as its very similar in shape and feel to my TS trigger. Other than the pull weight they're about as close as two triggers on completely different platforms can be. Not sure if I want a <2 lb trigger on my 3 gun rifle anyway...