Shooting Pants

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crye Precision G3 Combat pant.

Con, expensive

Pros

Knee pads are light and right there when you need them, removable if you don't want them

Strech material between the belt loops and the seat, no more untucked shirts when bending over

Waist is adjustable for a secure fit without a belt, and for when we "expand" with age.

Pockets for anything you can think of, designed for objects between M4 mag and water bottle, to knives pistol mags, etc

They feel like pajama's

• 3 months later...

Vertex pants are pretty nice. Not too expensive and durable. Supports of the sport. They have light weight and regular depending on temperature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on the Vertx

+2 on Vertex

+3 on Vertx... pockets don't ever snag on anything due to their construction

I used to wear the tru spec 24/7 shirts and pants. Now I wear the gall's gtac pants. I have them hemmed into shorts. They are cheap at $30-40 a pair and have lots of room. With legs as big as mine, that's a big deal. If I had normal size legs I'd wear the 5.11 stryke pants. My roommate loves his. Unfortunately they look like skinny jeans on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a pair of 5.11 Stryke pants today, they just have a better feel than the Taclites. The Taclites just feel baggy to me.

I have had the same problem with a couple different pairs of taclites. They feel excessively baggy, especially in the crotch area.

Been wearing 5.11's for years. Not bad, but a little heavy and the cut isn't quite right, They have been known to restrict movement a bit and the knee pads are a pain to insert and they keep slipping to one side. I have ordered a pair of Crye pants. For regular USPSA matches, the 5.11s are OK, for other non-'action' shooting, i.e steel, SG, whatever, then what ever is clean will do. Summertime shorts are good unless we are doing a crawl through the brush and mud match, then long pants and shirts.

I do like the idea someone posted about sewing a band of velcro around the waist. Might give that a try.

• 2 weeks later...