Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Do You Shoot in Production?

Duane Thomas

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot a G34. I don't think there are so many of them because everyone just follows what everyone else does. They hold up, have available accessories and the triggers can be worked on by mere mortals.

One note: I have seen in the sporting clay clubs over and over that people changed shotguns because they thought a change of gun would help them out. More times than not the change in guns set them back since they had to learn new controlls and get comfortable with the new gun. I would say money spent on instruction on how to use your current weapon along with practicing good technique in dry and live fire will get you to a higher place much better than changing from a platform that is a proven winner.

Some of us just try to buy success and that is an easy one to get caught up in that trap. Just my opinion.

Any broken glocks in the usa in ipsc style shooting? The reason why a lot of Philippine shooters use CZ's nowadays is due to broken breechfaces.

Has anybody experienced this in the USA?

I ask since i suspect our country has been given rejects thus the high failure rate of slides and the mass transfer to CZ

The breach face on my Glock 35 shows some erosion. I am nearly positive that it came from using Magnum Small Pistol Primers and light loads (not enough pressure to seal the primer walls to the primer cup...allowing gases to vent by...and into the breach face)

Mine has been like that for over a year...maybe two.

Oh...my G35 is pretty high-mileage. I bought it as a factory re-furb...it is the one that took me from D-class to Grand Master. (I have no clue how many rounds I have through it.)

XD 5" Tactical. Was going to get Glock but they do not make anything for lefties at least that you can get as a mere mortla. Friend pointed me to the XD. Call it newfound love :wub::wub:

Bought it specifically to start shooting USPSA Production

Regards

Casper