Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun belt

I was concerned about how cheap it was, but I've been using the Uncle Mike's instructor belt knock-off for... I guess it's been over 7 years on the same belt. The velcro is a little weak at this point, but the rigidity is still excellent. I was expecting the kydex liner to break down over time but it's still holding strong. The only thing is that it looks like a pistol belt to anyone who knows what they're looking at...

A&G custom gun leather makes good stuff. Very stiff. Two layers of leather stiched together. 5.11 instructor belt with plastic liner is pretty good too. Its alot better than some of the others out there. Wilderness tactical makes a good instructor belt.

I use a Comp-Tac Minotaur belt. It's leather and has a kydex liner. It looks like a normal black leather belt, that was important to me. I wear it with everything from shorts to dress pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI ya guys, I don't get a lot of the suggestions; op wants a belt for carry. would't you think he doesn't want an obviously gun belt?

Weeel he didn't say 'concealed' carry.

that's why I recommended www.bullhidebelts.com ?? :ph34r::rolleyes:

Edited by Max It

I am a fan of Simply Rugged and Davis Leather Company for carry belts. The SR belt I have is single layer, but still easily supports the weight of a Glock 17 or 1911 in a variety of holsters with several magazines. The Davis is thicker, which slightly limits the holsters I can use with it, but it definitely has stood the test of time. I am the second owner, the first bought it in the early 1990s. I would feel fine running a full 3 gun loadout on it without worrying about it sagging.

Armour Belts look good, however unless you are a cowboy the buckles selection is weak; like Bullhide Belts. Those are the only two brands recommended that seem good for carry to me unless you don't care if your showing your gun.

• 2 weeks later...