Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Treme Bullets with G34 - Which One?

I want to order some X-Treme bullets to use in my G34's and maybe SVI.

http://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-s/9666.htm

Which bullet weight/style etc. did you find to shoot great in your G34?

Powder and/or velocity you loaded them to?

If it matters I currently have KKM fitted, Storm Lake drop-in and of course the factory barrels.

Thanks.

124's all the way. I did not like the feel of 147's and they cost more. Funny, more than a few top shooters have told me they went back to 124's after trying 147's as well.

I used MG 124's in my G34 but now have some EXTREME 124 RN that I shoot in my XDM 5.25 and they are great bullets for what we do. I only buy MG's now for my Open gun.

147gr RN

3.9gr/Unique

OAL = 1.115"

PF = 137

The recoil impulse pushes the gun straight back with virtually no muzzle flip. A very comfortable load to shoot and accurate too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have used the standard 124gr RN xtreme's and have tried several different powders and die settings etc. and wasn't happy with the accuracy out of my stock glock barrel, your KKM may be better. Personally I have had much better results with bayou bullets.

Just my $0.02

Tim picked me up a $200 certificate off of the Nationals table... hence the question.

I got the 115, 124 and 147 RN and shot a couple of groups at 50 yards.

My G34 w/the KKM liked the 147's (10/7 shot = 8.4"/5.7") a little better than the 124's (10.1"/4.9") --- loaded with Universal Clays.

My SVI with a 6" Schuemann liked the 115's (9.8"/5.9") over the 124's (14.9"/6.3") and 147's (15+"/7") --- loaded with Longshot.

Another day, using Green Dot and X-Tremes, my SVI did:

10.1"/5.5" with 115 RN

10.8"/4.8" with 115 Heavy Plate Concave Base (HPCB)

6.7"/4.0" with 115 Hollow Point

My SVI really liked Berries 115 FP (5.9"/3.9"). Of course Berries currently don't make them anymore.

I want to get some 124 flat points from X-Treme to see if it is because it likes the flat point/HP shape more than RN. Maybe that FP/HP shape is just more accurate than RN?

Edited by Religious Shooter

nope.....glock rifling doesn't like the extremes. I and another commercial loader tried every combo. They still keyhole in many stock barrels....I like the .40 and .45 bullets.....the 9mm are hit and miss....pardon the pun..... :goof:

DougC

I've shot tens of thousands of 147 gr RN X-Treme's through my Glock 34 stock barrel without a problem. VERY accurate, out to 30 yards (which is the farthest I've shot it at matches). I load to about 130 PF using WSF. OAL should be set to whatever works best for you and your gun. I think I settled on 1.145.

nope.....glock rifling doesn't like the extremes. I and another commercial loader tried every combo. They still keyhole in many stock barrels....I like the .40 and .45 bullets.....the 9mm are hit and miss....pardon the pun..... :goof:

DougC

QFT...(quoted for truth)

Interesting to see the diversity of opinion on the extreme bullets accuracy. It is just the dynamics of loading plated bullets or the brand. I dont see the same level of polarization with other brands.

Anyone have a starter load of 231 for the extreme 147's?

THanks

I have shot lots at 3.4 of 231 with the 147s. 3.7 seems to run a little more reliably and I also run that charge behind the 135RNFP. That combination runs all my 9mms from a 6" 1911 down to a 3.5in, and will even run a Sig 226. I think that's the nicest steel load I have ever discovered. 135 gr Extreme over 3.7 gr / Win 231...

Anyone have a starter load of 231 for the extreme 147's?

THanks

I have shot lots at 3.4 of 231 with the 147s. 3.7 seems to run a little more reliably and I also run that charge behind the 135RNFP. That combination runs all my 9mms from a 6" 1911 down to a 3.5in, and will even run a Sig 226. I think that's the nicest steel load I have ever discovered. 135 gr Extreme over 3.7 gr / Win 231...
I use the same load with 1.15 OAL

Looked at my data book, the best groups I got from my glock were with the 124RN, using 5.2gr of autocomp. The group was 2.5" dia @ 50ft, acceptable many peoples standards, but not mine any more for some of the steel we shoot in various matches, but plenty fine for paper.