Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When did registration start? Missed it completely.

I emailed my app on 20 March. I think the app link was posted on the 19 th.
My bad. I was checking but must have missed it. Are they doing a waiting list?

I don't know for sure but I would send in an app and then try to get a hold of them and see what they say.

Good luck,

Chuck

I don't know for sure but I would send in an app and then try to get a hold of them and see what they say.

Good luck,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, sending it in tonight.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's the date this year?

Was November last year...

The Match dates this year will be November 5th through the 9th.

Staff shoots the 5&6th and all competitors will shoot the 7th through the 9th.

• 1 month later...

This was in an email from Cheryl. You have probably seen it already...

Desert Classic Shooters,

The match is rapidly approaching below are some reminders and update on the match:

Reminder:

The Area II, Desert Classic match is a USPSA Level III sanctioned match and will follow all current USPSA rules. To shoot this match, a current USPSA membership is required. If you do not want to join or renew USPSA, please let me know before Sept 1 and your match fee will be refunded minus $50.00.

September 1st is the last day to withdrawal from the match for a refund.

Update:

From September 15, 2014 until October 20, 2014, the self-squadding web page will open up for the Desert Classic match. There is a limit of 12 shooters per squad and there will be 30 squads. An email will be sent to each shooter with log-in information. If you have another email you would rather use, please contact me ASAP. In order to use the PIN or personal profile password, you must be registered with a correct and current USPSA member number.

Prior to self-squadding opening, if there is a group of shooters that would like to be squadded together, please send me the list of shooters and I will set up a squad. When self-squadding opens, each shooter will be responsible for their squadding.

When will another club step up and host the Area II Championship instead of it piggybacking off of the Desert Classic. For the past 14+ years the shooters of USPSA have lost one major match a year. Rio does a damn fine job of putting on a match but, there is more than one state in Area II that can host the match. There has to be shooters out there that would like to shoot another major match per season.

Rich

Rich,

I concur but I think a big problem is finding a place for the A2 championship. Other than AZ, the only other likely choice is NM. Co has some new funky laws as does CA and HI. Prize table and competitor equipment issues are many. A match in the islands would be kind of nice, though. Perhaps we can get a venue down where they keep the alien technology at Roswell...

This is the only thing that makes me miss the midwest.

midwest? :huh:

Yeah, it's so hard to get into a major match here and they're so far away. It's not like back home in the midwest where although I had to drive further for a local match, major matches were easier to enter and closer.