Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Fallen Brethren Challenge

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone at this match!

The stages were fun and difficult!

I know how much work goes into a match like this! It is so nice to be able to go to something like this and just be a shooter!

Thanks to all the sponsors! :bow: There were so many of them at the match to talk to and they had stuff to see and buy!!!

Again, really appreciate all the hard work! I know you are all tired and worn out! I know I am!

Congratulations to the winners! :cheers: I would tell you who all they were, but...I may have been chatting too much! There were some really great performances!!

Me sleep now....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.S. Squad 3 rocked! I really enjoyed meeting the new people and shooting with my friends and other people I knew that I think of a s my friends. Sorry I gave my "swearing school teacher" knickname a workout! :devil:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Finally back home after a long drive.

As always, a fun match with LOTS of long range steel. Mother Nature did not grace us with a sprinkle this year, but instead, consistently comfortable weather!

Thanks to all the sponsors and the ROs who put their time into the match!

Another year, another fun match for FB3G. I'm glad I attended and appreciate the efforts/sore legs/sweat/work put in by the ROs and staff.

I personally enjoyed the stages and plan to keep making it to this match.

As always, some little things to fix and/or improve upon for the match itself, and some big things for this shooter to improve upon. :)

Congrats staff/ROs, your work is much appreciated.

Sponsors, your involvement is definitely noticed, and it was great to see some products firsthand that I doubt I'd have known about or been able to play with otherwise.

Also a tip of the hat to the "Sierra" guys for being friendly, fun, great at squad interaction/resetting, and accomplished shooters. Thanks for letting us play shooting games with you guys.

When I was there I assumed that everybody would feel the effects of the sun/wind on at least one stage. I know that my squad did on at least three stages. Bad enough that some targets simply couldn't be engaged. It appears from that video that your squad didn't experience the same issues in any of the stages. Would you agree?

Not really. The conditions that my squad shot stage 9 under were pretty good (Sunday starting at 10am), but we also shot stage 10 Friday morning at 8am. We had to wait to start until the fog/dust/sun combination abated enough that the targets were even visible. I was the first shooter on the first squad and I got hosed pretty bad on that stage. I kicked up some dirt around one target and it completely disappeared after it was only barely visible. It happens though, long range is always a roll of the dice. We shot 7 as the sun was going down and the wind picking up, and we shot 8 in the early morning when the shadows were bad enough that I have no idea how the limited guys hit the targets, because I could barely see some of them on 6x. Stuff happens. I think everyone was affected by the conditions at least once.

When I was there I assumed that everybody would feel the effects of the sun/wind on at least one stage. I know that my squad did on at least three stages. Bad enough that some targets simply couldn't be engaged. It appears from that video that your squad didn't experience the same issues in any of the stages. Would you agree?

I think every squad got to deal with wind or shadows or sun in your eyes on at least one or two stages. We had the pleasure of shooting 8 and 9 on Friday with the wind, what there was of it. It wasn't much of a factor on 8 and as much as I'd like to blame it for my failures on 9, a couple of our squad rocked them all so it obviously wasn't that bad. At least the wind was not near as bad as last year both Friday and Saturday. We were terribly delayed (3 hours worth) on stage 10 and our squad was initially instructed that we were going to shoot it, shadows or not. After three shooters they changed their minds and said we were going to shoot it Sunday. I volunteered to go ahead and shoot it Friday, shadows be damned. We hit 4 on Saturday afternoon just as the shadows were starting to affect the stage. I had as much trouble seeing the star as I did anything on stage 10.

I would liked to have shot all the stages between 8 and 1 on Saturday since that was such a nice day.

Watching ATs video I can see some stages where they had much different, potentially more difficult conditions than we did. So I'm pretty sure that it all evens out no matter what squad you were on.

Our squad shot stage 2 at sunrise on Sunday morning. The sun broke the horizon exactly when the first shooter started and it broke right above those 4 pesky slug plates that were already hard to see.

Each stage had some unique challenges depending on when you reached them.