Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One powder good for 9mm minor and .40 major?

3djedi

I'm looking for a powder that will work well for both. That way I can stock up on just one. According to the book I have, it looks like win 231 would fit the bill. Are there others?

Edited by 3djedi

Lots of choices. If you are loading long for an S_I, then one of the faster powders like N320 or WST would be my recommendation. If you are loading for a striker fired or normal OAL, I would push you towards a slightly slower powder like WSF. Personally, I do not like the inconsistency of Solo1000, especially for .40 major.

I too like E3, but there is no manufacturer data for it, so if that gives you pause, just walk on by.

4756 works well. If you try it, and like it, better buy a lot as it's due to be discontinued.

I actually found some of this. Nothing else is in stock. Do you have a load to try for a 9mm 124g jhp? (Montanagold....glock 34)

Does it meter well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by 3djedi

I use 4756 under a 180gr berry's with good results. Seems to meter well in the dillon.

I may try it with 9mm unless I can find something else. I really liked some 9mm rounds I put together with power pistol so I've been looking for more.

• 2 weeks later...