Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lack of powder gonna crimp your shooting this season?

Sandbagger123

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it all depends on how much you shoot per month. for me, that's about 1,500 rounds of 9mm per month at least. i've only got 4lbs of titegroup and 4lbs of n320 left.....

and i refuse to pay above retail. so yeah, i might be hurting later. i'd rather pay another $400 for another sirt gun and dry fire the hell out of it than pay $400 for 8lbs of powder like i have seen people do on gunchoker.

Got 16 lbs of HS6 for the open gun and 4 lbs each of Solo1k, Clays, and N320 for random loads in short colt and 9-minor. Also have 2-3 lbs each of AA#7, HS7, Silhouette, and 3N37 which all work well in 9-major. 10.5-11.0gr of AA#7 under a 115 JHP makes one fantastic 9-major load at 175PF. I would use HS7 exclusively if it was still produced.

Got 16 lbs of HS6 for the open gun and 4 lbs each of Solo1k, Clays, and N320 for random loads in short colt and 9-minor. Also have 2-3 lbs each of AA#7, HS7, Silhouette, and 3N37 which all work well in 9-major. 10.5-11.0gr of AA#7 under a 115 JHP makes one fantastic 9-major load at 175PF. I would use HS7 exclusively if it was still produced.

Didn't longshot or something replace hs7?

Where is the LIKE button for this noble act?! Well done mgardner!

No shortage here. I actually sold some so others could keep shooting. After the Clinton Regime I've always stayed well ahead.

Didn't longshot or something replace hs7?

The closest thing I have found to HS7 (at least in charge weight and feel) is AA#7. Longshot doesn't make major very easily in 9x19.

AP70 is so scarce now as to be non-existent. ADI has stated they are 'having production issues' but not many here believe that...more likely the US market is a more lucrative proposition than supplying the miniscule local buying sector. Very little left so will have to workup a new load with AP50 for the Nationals.

Testing the theory out, anyone in the US able to get Universal OK? (what Hodgdon rebrand it as)