Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM Barrels

ES13Raven

I'm new to the site.............this is my first post. I'm always trying to wring the most accuracy out of any firearm I own. I carry a Glock 27...........not the most accurate Glock, by any means. I've done all the trigger mods, sight mods, etc. that I can do without breaking the bank. The only thing I've not done is to replace the barrel. Would a KKM barrel be worth the money, being such a short barrel, or are they pretty much considered competition barrels only?

Edited by Chris54326

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cleaned this thread up a little. Please remember the rules. No group buys allowed on the Forums. I now return you to your regularly scheduled discusion, already in progress....... :)

I'm new to the site.............this is my first post. I'm always trying to wring the most accuracy out of any firearm I own. I carry a Glock 27...........not the most accurate Glock, by any means. I've done all the trigger mods, sight mods, etc. that I can do without breaking the bank. The only thing I've not done is to replace the barrel. Would a KKM barrel be worth the money, being such a short barrel, or are they pretty much considered competition barrels only?

I'm sure all of us want the best we can get out of our firearms, and I personally have two KKM barrels in my two G35 competition pistols (and I am a VERY satisfied customer). However, for a G27, which is primarily a defensive weapon, I'd recommend sticking with the factory barrel. That's what I did with my G17 and two G19's. Those are my defensive weapons, not for competition. Sights, yes. Barrel, eh, I'd say no. My two cents, and of course, that's what this info is worth.

I'm sure all of us want the best we can get out of our firearms, and I personally have two KKM barrels in my two G35 competition pistols (and I am a VERY satisfied customer). However, for a G27, which is primarily a defensive weapon, I'd recommend sticking with the factory barrel. That's what I did with my G17 and two G19's. Those are my defensive weapons, not for competition. Sights, yes. Barrel, eh, I'd say no. My two cents, and of course, that's what this info is worth.

Thanks. Kind of what I was thinking. This is my concealed carry weapon and I've been doing mods, crafting "just the right round", etc., etc., etc. But I'd recently heard about KKM barrels and was wondering............................. But you've answered my question. Thanks.

I heard nearly the same thing except he said the 45 caliber baby glock (glock 30?) to be tho most mechanically accurate followed by the 26 and 27.....

That's right. I never understood the whole accuracy thing for USPSA, i do have a lwd barrel for my 23 for reloads, but it isn't for accuracy.

Btw, can you use a 23 barrel in a 27?

I heard nearly the same thing except he said the 45 caliber baby glock (glock 30?) to be tho most mechanically accurate followed by the 26 and 27.....

That's right. I never understood the whole accuracy thing for USPSA, i do have a lwd barrel for my 23 for reloads, but it isn't for accuracy.

Btw, can you use a 23 barrel in a 27?

I think it will fit but it will hang out the end by 1/2".

The 27 is actually incredibly accurate... Get the drop in lone wolf...

Thank me later ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to order a kkm barrel for my g35 today. Anyone shooting a g35 with a kkm barrel, what OAL are you using?

1.135 in both of mine has worked great.

Edited by sdrr72

• 3 months later...

I know this topic is old, but thought I'd follow up with a report.

I went ahead and dropped the dime on a new KKM barrel for my G27. Just got it today. With full-house carry loads, 10 rapid fire rounds out of the holster stay in the "A" box on a Law Enforcement target at 15 feet.............something that eluded me in the past with the OEM barrel. Carefully aimed shots stay in a 2" circle at that same distance. To say I'm pleased with the KKM barrel is putting it lightly. Have only shot 100 rounds out of it, but can't wait to start working with it in earnest. Couldn't be happier and can't give it any more than 10 stars out of 10. Did I mention I'm very pleased? :goof:

I shoot a 35 at 1.125 lead. Sent 10 dummy rounds and barrel to KKM. They throated and shipped it back... No charge.m great barrel and company.

You had to have it throated for 1.125 or is that a typo on the length?

...agree...??? I run 1.135 OAL in my KKM's and never had an issue....