Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Customer service - disappointing

MoonJeong

I would send Stuart a PM. I seriously doubt he would be unwilling to help diagnose and address the problem.

I'm assuming Stuart is CZ customer service rep? Does he have an ID here? I may call him tomorrow... thanks for the tip

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have north of 60K rounds through my barrel and no issues. As you (sadly at no small expense) found out that it is not the barrel. Slide to frame fit is normally looser on CZs than other guns. Doesn't seem to affect their accuracy. A large number of "gun" issues are ammo issues. Reloading dies work loose, crimp and OAL changes, all sorts of ugliness. As some have suggested run some box ammo through it. Also make sure all your loaded ammo meets specs. Out of spec crimp in particular can do very ugly things to accuracy.

Edited by Neomet

I would send Stuart a PM. I seriously doubt he would be unwilling to help diagnose and address the problem.

I'm assuming Stuart is CZ customer service rep? Does he have an ID here? I may call him tomorrow... thanks for the tip

eerw....cz gunsmith & guru

Edited by jabbermurph

Hmmm. I'll bump my offer up to $325.

My Shadow has north of 50K rounds thru it without any such problem.

It has lost accuracy a couple of times.

1. Rear sight was cracked and moved up/down while cycling. I couldnt figure out why my elevation wasnt consistant.

Then it broke off, I replaced it, accuracy returned.

2. During a practice session, the gun wouldnt shoot a group...and had malfunction after malfunction. I field stripped it and as I did, the slide stop came out in pieces. Replaced the part, and no problems since.

I dont think your gun is shot out. You have lots of options. I'll bet Stuart fixes you up. I'd get together with Burningsquirrels if you guys are local to each other. If it were mine, I'd take it to Matt Mink.

I'd be happy to put a couple rounds of my ammo through it at a future South River Gun Club match. I'll also be shooting the AL Sectional if you want to bring it along—squad 6 on Saturday.

jumping in here late. but sounds like you have some people willing to take a look and help out.

Things I would look at.

barrel bushing, front sight, rear sight, barrel crown, ammo

make sure the barrel bushing is tight and not moving. barrel crown is in good condition, front sight is not loose, cracked, or damaged. rear sight in tight in the dovetail, not moving left,right, rocking,etc.

Next I would try different ammo. even though you say nothing has change significantly with your ammo. please take the time to try different bullet combo and have other shooters try and shoot the gun. Please start at closer distance and work out the groups.

First off, I hope the problem gets rectified.

Second, I can't imagine that I would try to get someone to warranty a gun with 10k rounds through it. I think if you stop taking the attitude of "i deserve a free new gun" and start taking the attitude of "my gun has developed a problem and I don't mind paying someone smart to fix it" you'll get alot further.

I don't think this anecdote indicates anything at all bad about CZ custom customer service.

Not saying this is how it should be but thinking about an average, non-competition shooter 10k rounds is like two lifetimes worth of use.

No doubt! But I know people who have blown up Glocks with 50k+ through them and they basically got new guns back when all was said and done.

Not saying this is how it should be but thinking about an average, non-competition shooter 10k rounds is like two lifetimes worth of use.

No doubt! But I know people who have blown up Glocks with 50k+ through them and they basically got new guns back when all was said and done.

Good point. I cracked the breach face on my G17 which happened to be set up as an Open Glock. Glock replaced it without hesitation.

But without knowing the details behind the Glocks we should be careful about making a direct comparison .... The Glocks you mention could have been traced to a manufacturing defect and therefore straight forward for Glock to deal with ... It seems pretty odd that after only 10k rds the gun is 'shot out'. If this was real and not some broken or non aligned part I don't think Shadows would have the rep they do ...

There's a guy at my range that claims he "blew up his Glock" with a reloaded double charge, told Glock the truth, sent the gun back and got back a completely repaired pistol.

I'm guessing 99.5% of all Glocks never see 1000 rounds so fixing a few here and there keep the repair guys sharp.

Edited by razorfish

There's a guy at my range that claims he "blew up his Glock" with a reloaded double charge, told Glock the truth, sent the gun back and got back a completely repaired pistol.

I'm guessing 99.5% of all Glocks never see 1000 rounds so fixing a few here and there keep the repair guys sharp.

It's likely safe to remove "Glock" from the above and insert "guns."

Heck, I bet because of the role as a duty gun Glocks have more rounds down the barrel than average just because once a year someone has to qualify on them.

At this point nobody is certain what is wrong with the gun, or if it is actually the gun and not ammo. Saying what Glock or anyone else does with a gun that detonated in a customer's hands is not exactly a fair comparison.

I've had nothing but good treatment from CZ Custom here in Mesa, Az. My Shadow has more than 10,000 rounds through it and still shoots into 1.5 inches at 25 yards. I clean it after every match or practice session though, usually 100 to 300 rounds. Definitely have it looked at to determine if it is actually a warrantable repair or not. Only thing I could add is to look at is the front sight pin and see if it is still there. The pin on my 75B would move and hang out after long shoots. I replaced it with a new one and staked it. It holds the barrel bushing too.

I'm offering $350.00 (a new upper for $450.00 from Stuart would put it in new condition again).

It sounds fishy to me as well. I have two CZ's currently... a 75B and a Tactical Sport. Both are excellent accuracy. The Tac Sport probably has the same number of rounds through it and it's only getting more and more smooth. The 75B isn't quite as accurate as the TS, but it's certainly better than most of my pistols. I would, as others suggest, suspect your ammo or a broken part first. One question to help iron that out is did you notice the accuracy suddenly worsen, or has it been gradual? Gradual would suggest wearing out while sudden would make me search for something broken. Checking the crown should be easy enough too.

Clays is pretty hot powder too. Throat erosion, perhaps? I know that happens in rifles over time and the accuracy generally declines in the manner you described. I know, it's far fetched.

Good luck!

Since you have replaced the barrel and the accuracy didn't improve, then it's not a barrel issue. A loose slide/frame fit should not affect accuracy that much. Barren/slide fit is more important.

Let us know what u find out.